Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

EricS

Eric Shaw - Head of Community Engagement

11 posts in this topic

Hi there VIPs,

My name is Eric Shaw, and I am the Head of Community Engagement here at SwiftKey. This means that my job is basically making sure that all of you who use our keyboard or other products have a great experience, feel heard, and understand just how much we care and appreciate your support.

I have been working in the early-stage tech space for just under a decade now helping grow healthy communities in a variety of arenas. My first experience of this was in a company I started helping people access mental health care on an on-demand basis. Working with such a dedicated group of therapists and people who were truly in need of help, and so thankful to us for providing it, really shaped how I think about communities as people who come together around a passion that really means the world to them. 

Since then I have worked for forum platforms, within developer communities, and in open-source crowd-funding spaces, but always with a focus on how communities engage with each other and with products or projects. Here at SwiftKey, we are lucky to have such a loyal and amazing group of users who understand and agree with our goals, who have been with us through thick and thin, and who have helped truly shape the product into what it is today.

As far as my personal life, I love to play ultimate frisbee and travel around the world and country playing in tournaments. If you play, let me know; let's hang out somewhere fun. I also am part of a band, playing guitar, mandolin, banjo and singing. We play shows all around the Bay Area and nothing is more exciting than being up on that stage. 

My goals here are to make this VIP Community a vibrant home for you to meet and discuss ideas related to SwiftKey, related tech, Android, features, jokes, or just to help each other out. I'd love to hear as much as you have about any visions you have to make this place better for you. So go ahead, say hi to me and the rest of the awesome crew here, and enjoy the conversations and everything else we have to offer.

Hi, Eric and nice to meet you. :geek: You have nice hobby's, i like. Every day I dream to travel around the world but I can not afford. I love guitar music, my idols are Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, Joe Satriani, BB King, Paco de Lucia, Jimi Hendrix, Peter Framtom and many others quitar King's. Maybe when you have time you'll share here some  of your recordings with quitar and pictures from around the world.

Best Regards  and Good Luck.

Classic track, Vlad. I had "Frampton Comes Alive" on vinyl (record) a very long time ago.

Hey Eric, it was nice to read this introduction. What band do you play in? I am just up the road near Sacramento.

Woah, hey guys. Sorry, I've been checking out all the other areas and neglected my own post! D'oh. I love my band, we are called The Nest, and play rock with a bit of folk influence thrown in there for good measure. You can check us out at thenestmusic.com if you like :)

@driftinganomaly I actually spend some time in Sacremento as well. I have a bunch of frisbee friends up there. Fun town. I also used to live in Tahoe to have been through there quite a bit.

@VladPaul Super classic track. Love it! Hopefully I can start playing music in more places than SF. Kinda my dream as well.

Eric,

I am not having a great experience with Swiftkey, and not for a while now.  I have tried contacting support.swiftkey or via email, and all I have had is automated bounce backs.  this is what I have been trying to report:-

Hi, I left the following review a while back for smart key, and life has not improved since:-

"Auto correct has gone very glitchy again on my HTC M7. If you try to scroll back to correct a word it inserts new and somewhat random predicted words halfway through the original word you are trying to correct, and then you have to scroll forward to the end of the remnants of the word you originally were trying to correct, and delete the whole lot before it starts behaving itself again. Very time consuming and frustrating..."

My phone is running Android 4.4.3 it is mostly affected when typing emails. If I try to edit/add words in a sentence, it does weird predictions and inserts words in strange ways, making it MUCH slower to type as it then does not let you correct the whole mess without going to the end of the sentence and deleting all the way back to the error.

In this sentence I will add two words ssausage and let's look and see ffantastic what SwiftKey does to mess up my life... 

look how "ssausage" has two s's and "ffantastic" has two f's. This is mild bynormal lcomparison to some errors, often it pputs new words in at the end of a sentence but I can't seem to make it do that right now...   It's very unpredictable for such a predictable application. 

If this reads rather strangely it is the fault of SwiftKey! I am about to give up and go back to the default HTC keyboard. I hope you can fix this and restore my faith and previous love of your app. 

Kevin

I have just updated the 11/12/14 update, and it is still doing the same.  Also if I try to scroll back to insert a word, the minute I click the spacebar the cursor adds the space at the end of the line or after the next word.  its driving me mad, and i am about to give up and go back to the default HTC keyboard.  HEELLPP.

PS I am also a musician (ex-pro bass player), if that helps me get a response form someone....

Please change tamil language layout its very very hard to

use. Please give attest simple layout. You give two letters in single botton always need to search where is letter's please fix this... .

Eric,

I am not having a great experience with Swiftkey, and not for a while now. I have tried contacting support.swiftkey or via email, and all I have had is automated bounce backs. this is what I have been trying to report:-

Hi, I left the following review a while back for smart key, and life has not improved since:-

"Auto correct has gone very glitchy again on my HTC M7. If you try to scroll back to correct a word it inserts new and somewhat random predicted words halfway through the original word you are trying to correct, and then you have to scroll forward to the end of the remnants of the word you originally were trying to correct, and delete the whole lot before it starts behaving itself again. Very time consuming and frustrating..."

My phone is running Android 4.4.3 it is mostly affected when typing emails. If I try to edit/add words in a sentence, it does weird predictions and inserts words in strange ways, making it MUCH slower to type as it then does not let you correct the whole mess without going to the end of the sentence and deleting all the way back to the error.

In this sentence I will add two words ssausage and let's look and see ffantastic what SwiftKey does to mess up my life...

look how "ssausage" has two s's and "ffantastic" has two f's. This is mild bynormal lcomparison to some errors, often it pputs new words in at the end of a sentence but I can't seem to make it do that right now... It's very unpredictable for such a predictable application.

If this reads rather strangely it is the fault of SwiftKey! I am about to give up and go back to the default HTC keyboard. I hope you can fix this and restore my faith and previous love of your app.

Kevin

I have just updated the 11/12/14 update, and it is still doing the same. Also if I try to scroll back to insert a word, the minute I click the spacebar the cursor adds the space at the end of the line or after the next word. its driving me mad, and i am about to give up and go back to the default HTC keyboard. HEELLPP.

PS I am also a musician (ex-pro bass player), if that helps me get a response form someone....

Please change tamil language layout its very very hard to

use. Please give attest simple layout. You give two letters in single botton always need to search where is letter's please fix this... .

In order for us to assist you both better please post in the appropriate section of the forums.

Cheers,

Mike

Sent from my SM-N900P | Android 4.4.4 | Tapatalk | SwiftKey Beta

Beta keyboard

My name is David Figueroa, in part of the testing of you're keyboard ( community) and have a few questions...

Are you guys making a pebble black and white keyboard??... It will be very nice.

Second, the flow gesture line, can you make it to a more Crip(solid,).. Just a suggestion...It's a great keyboard, loving the beta version..Will continue to post on the findings, great job....

David..

Hey David,

Welcome to VIP!  The developers rarely make advance announcements on what themes are in development.   Please stop by the Theme Feedback section of the forum and share your ideas and feedback there.  It is grouped into subforums for each family of themes.  There is also a section for What would You Like To See.   This is the spot to make suggestions for new themes.  

Check it out!