Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

Aarti

Missing Letters or Characters

15 posts in this topic

Please let us know, if you think any letters or characters are missing on Bengali keyboard.  Thank you for your time!

The Bangla keyboard is great, however I haven't figured out how to work the 'jo fola' and I think the letter 'ho' is missing as well.

Hello, thank you for your feedback.  Please download the link again, we have fixed this issue.

Thank you.

I love the new Bengali keyboard. However I haven't figured out how to write the following characters: 

য় (Antasthya Ya)
ণ (Mardhya Na)

Thanks

In addition to the above I also find the following letters missing:

ড় (Doye shunya Ra)
ঢ় (Dhoye shunya Ra)

Thanks

To type the following 3 characters, select the character from the screen, then click on the key above backspace, you will be able to see them on that screen.

য়, ড়, 

is available on the secondary layout (click on the button above backspace)

Thanks Awesome VIP. Go it,

Another question. Have you thought of using English layout to type Bengali phonetically? It is actually much faster to type that way. You can check Avro Keyboard as the most popular Bengali keyboard. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Keyboard for more information.

I agree that the new layout in Babel is a huge improvement on what is currently in use in the standard multiple language keyboard. I love that when you select a character, it gives versions of that letter with commonly attached phonetic signs. I was very disappointed when my trial of Babel ran out and cannot wait for it's release. The one thing I struggle with though is creating conjuncts. I don't know how realistic or useful this would be in reality, but it seems to me that if there were a key that would automatically input the conjunct of the next two characters you type, it might be a nice feature so that you do not have to memorize directions on precisely which characters need to be typed in what order to obtain a specific conjunct. Due to the large number of possible conjuncts however, I can see how this would be a time-consuming and difficult feature to create. It's just something to keep in mind. Good job and keep up the hard work! This beautiful language is definitely worth it!

How to get the following characters ক্ষ জ্ঞ ৱ . Admittedly the last character is rarely used and if absent is fine

On 5/5/2015 at 4:49 PM, Aarti said:

To type the following 3 characters, select the character from the screen, then click on the key above backspace, you will be able to see them on that screen.

য়, ড়, 

is available on the secondary layout (click on the button above backspace)

Can someone please explain how the following letters can be typed using swiftkey in Bengal font. The above reply is not clear 

য়, ড়, 

If you switch to the Bangla Inscript layout from Swift Keyboard set up, then you would get য়, above the য symbol but that screws up the jo-fola layout. Also, I could not find out  ড়,  . So the question is unanswered.

On 09/02/2017 at 8:05 PM, Guest Neel said:

If you switch to the Bangla Inscript layout from Swift Keyboard set up, then you would get য়, above the য symbol but that screws up the jo-fola layout. Also, I could not find out  ড়,  . So the question is unanswered.

I agree, to type bangla directly in the page, above those letter are missed.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor