Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

trashercan

Viewing our Cloud data and manually editing the guessed phrases / words

Question

Maybe this has been asked and answered before I am not sure, but I would like to be able to look at the data that is collected by my usage of the product, edit and amend it as necessary, i.e. remove the word ABC for example

13 answers to this question

Hi there,

This can be done but not in the way you have explained it. There is currently not a way to view your own data but when a word comes up that you'd like SwiftKey to no longer predict, just longpress it and select remove. This then removes that word from your dynamic module.

Best,

Ryan

There really needs to be an editable dictionary. Over time, SwiftKey learns my common typos and will regularly replace correctly spelled words with the incorrect one that is saved. I have to reset my data all the time and start from scratch, which makes the keyboard less useful because, it has to be retrained. Being able to see saved words and to edit and add to them would be extremely beneficial. Also cloud data should sync across OSes. I was upset to learn that my data from Android didn't sync with iOS.

There really needs to be an editable dictionary. Over time, SwiftKey learns my common typos and will regularly replace correctly spelled words with the incorrect one that is saved. I have to reset my data all the time and start from scratch, which makes the keyboard less useful because, it has to be retrained. Being able to see saved words and to edit and add to them would be extremely beneficial. Also cloud data should sync across OSes. I was upset to learn that my data from Android didn't sync with iOS.

You need to delete the typos. Deleting your data and data and syncing up will just get them back.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

SwiftKey does not support the user viewable dictionary but something we are aware of. You can always longpress and delete said word when it comes up. 

This also concerns me, how is SwiftKey learning so many wrongly spelled words? I seldom have this happen to me. 

Also, SwiftKey will sync across OS's. You need to sign into Google with your Android device and iOS. If you sign up to Cloud via FB for iOS, they will not sync.

It must be Google to Google.

This needs to be addressed.

When I log into a website, SwiftKey is seeing my username/email and password as a single string of input, and saving that (including my password!)  as a prediction. This is not okay! I need to be able to view EVERYTHING saved for me and delete any entries that include password data.

This is an understandable oversight in prediction, and I won't be surprised if there isn't a way for SwiftKey to differentiate between input fields in a browser, but this is a problem regardless. SwiftKey is not a password manager and I doubt that it has security in place that is befitting of a password manager.

24 minutes ago, Jekotia said:

This needs to be addressed.

When I log into a website, SwiftKey is seeing my username/email and password as a single string of input, and saving that (including my password!)  as a prediction. This is not okay! I need to be able to view EVERYTHING saved for me and delete any entries that include password data.

This is an understandable oversight in prediction, and I won't be surprised if there isn't a way for SwiftKey to differentiate between input fields in a browser, but this is a problem regardless. SwiftKey is not a password manager and I doubt that it has security in place that is befitting of a password manager.

Hi,

SwiftKey won't predict or save any password. It turns off the prediction bar automatically when you tap the password input box, auto saving is also turned off at the moment I strongly believe.

However SwiftKey will save and predict your email adresses, user name, or something like that for login, but never the password. So your password won't be synced into the cloud because it's never been recorded. Only Chrome browser can do what you said.

Hope my reply can help you to understand the situation.

Alpert

8 minutes ago, Alpert said:

Hi,

SwiftKey won't predict or save any password. It turns off the prediction bar automatically when you tap the password input box, auto saving is also turned off at the moment I strongly believe.

However SwiftKey will save and predict your email adresses, user name, or something like that for login, but never the password. So your password won't be synced into the cloud because it's never been recorded. Only Chrome browser can do what you said.

Alpert

Unfortunately, this is not the reality of the matter. Let's say my email is jekotia@gmail.com & my password is 123456. I have been getting predictions of "jekotia@gmail.com123456".

8 minutes ago, Alpert said: Hi,

Alpert

Unfortunately, this is not the reality of the matter. Let's say my email is jekotia@gmail.com & my password is 123456. I have been getting predictions of "jekotia@gmail.com123456".

It's possible only if : you have received an email in your Gmail with your login and password and you enabled the Gmail sync; Or it's somewhere that password input box is not correctly coded into a password input box; or you have typed your login and password in some apps like when you made a note just for a reminder using SwiftKey. Otherwise it's impossible.

Which means in the 3 cases SwiftKey can't identify whether you are typing your password or not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I believe this issue is on the website/app developer. If they don't define that text entry field as sensitive a password field, SwiftKey is unable to do it by itself.

The prediction bar should not be visible when it comes to entering in passwords. When you go to enter in a password in this app/site is the prediction bar there?

Usernames/emails are the exception to being remembered.

On 5/19/2015 at 9:44 AM, Prad said:

SwiftKey does not support the user viewable dictionary but something we are aware of. You can always longpress and delete said word when it comes up. 

This also concerns me, how is SwiftKey learning so many wrongly spelled words? I seldom have this happen to me. 

Also, SwiftKey will sync across OS's. You need to sign into Google with your Android device and iOS. If you sign up to Cloud via FB for iOS, they will not sync.

This was possible in the past, why has it 

This feature was possible in the past, why was it removed? I used to be able to see my list of added words. 

This was possible in the past, why has it 

This feature was possible in the past, why was it removed? I used to be able to see my list of added words. 

I've been using SwiftKey for years and don't recall it ever having this feature. You might be thinking of another keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

There are a lot of quoted threads in your reply.

There is still not user viewable dictionary, but you can always longpress and remove words you don't want same as before.

I am using TypingAid for autocomplete on windows and would like to have my Swiftkey dictionary on windows as well. So it would be great if we could export the dictionary as a csv or sqlite db