Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

fredrikseglem

[In testing] Easy way to move the cursor

20 posts in this topic

I would LOVE if there came an option to move the cursor.

Sliding with two fingers or having an extra slider-button or something like that.

Here are some examples of what other apps have done :

516f0bba4c881c8357c13ba919ed15a3.jpg

2c0aafade199822424c66268c1483007.jpg9665fb7ba32de62a1b7eab1d4578edb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, please! Would it be possible to implement the new 3D-Touch method into swiftkey to enter trackpad mode by force-pressing on the keyboard?

yes, please! Would it be possible to implement the new 3D-Touch method into swiftkey to enter trackpad mode by force-pressing on the keyboard?

I second this. This would be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having a keyboard slider is absolutely critical on longer blocks of text.  At this point I find myself leaving the SwitKey keyboard for the standard one in order to use the feature when I've got a fair amount of text on the screen.

On October 14, 2015 at 21:19:24, talibunny said:

This would be an awesome way to improve SwiftKey productivity. When writing long notes in ios9 I see the 3D touch navigation and selection of texts very useful in the new iPhone 6s.

Or maybe away to implement cursor in the existing keyboard so it will be usable in older version devices as well 

+1

+1

And we can just slide over the suggestion bar!!! It's like having swipe selection jailbreak tweak.. Which is far more intuitive than Apple's way...

And i will have it on my android.. That would be awesome!!!!!

Please Please Please add this!!!

It's the only thing stopping me using this keyboard fulltime!

Are there any plans to add this in the near future?

Thanks

I've just bought a iPhone 6s and discovered this feature in the built-in keyboard - using 3D Touch to move the cursor.  It's a brilliant idea and is massively better than the standard, difficult, Apple way of moving the cursor.  I use Swiftkey a lot and really love it, but this feature in the Apple keyboard could really tip the balance for me away from Swiftkey, so I hope it or something like it will be implemented soon.

The force touch to control the cursor has to become a feature on the next update. Please make incorporate this in the next update. Everyone will love you for it. Only thing missing with the keyboard right now. 

Go under settings/keys and check "Arrow Keys". This is kind of what they are at. I would also love to have a better option. The Android cursor is never accurate when you try to direct it to a specific word/letter.

I have checked them and unchecked them; I have tried everything I could think of--  and I still can't get arrow keys anywhere on this keyboard. I spend hours every day writing and editing text and I need those arrow keys! 

Hello everyone,

Cursor control by 3D touch is now live in the beta app. Please let me know what you think.

edit: for the iPhone 6s and above

Best,

Ryan

Hello everyone,

Cursor control by 3D touch is now live in the beta app. Please let me know what you think.

Best,

Ryan

I can become a beta tester for try it?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

Best,

Ryan

what we should wait for the Stable?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk