Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

Briankbl

[FR] Change 'predictions' to 'corrections' after flowing a word

6 posts in this topic

When I'm flowing a long text - and I'm sure I'm not alone on this - I like to go fast. Meaning, I flow from one word directly to the next, and the next, and the next. I never stop between words to choose a prediction.

----------------

What would be more handy for the user, in my opinion, would be to have corrections show up after a flowed word instead of predictions. Let me demonstrate my point.

----------------

"I have to work five to sox today."

----------------

There's our example sentence. It should be obvious to most that sox is SUPPOSED to be six. However, SwiftKey's Neural algorithm still doesn't pick up on the context of what's being typed. Neural only works for predictions...not corrections.

-----------------

So, while I do like to flow fast from word to word, I'm still able to check the accuracy of my words as I flow.

-----------------

Here's how correcting is now:

After I flow 'sox' and realize that's not what I was trying to type, predictions are shown up top, being of absolutely no help to me. I have to hit 'backspace', then choose a correction.

-----------------

Here's how correcting should be:

After I flow 'sox', corrections show at the top instead of predictions. This saves me time as I can easily and QUICKLY just choose a correction.

-----------------

Again, I see no need to have predictions show up after flowing a word. I don't figure many people are typing a sentence by flowing, flowing, flowing, choose prediction, flowing, choose prediction, choose prediction, flowing.

-----------------

Makes sense to me.

P.S. For some reason, I can't break up my paragraphs with spaces? On Tapatalk if that matters.

That's a tapa issue

Although mine works fine.

Are you speaking strictly on neural or normal beta as well?

Have moved to neural forum

No, this is a SwiftKey issue, not specific to Neural. It's a fundamental issue with how SwiftKey works. Please move back to previous forum. Thanks.

I've moved the post back to the original forum I was confused where you mentioned neural it was a specific issue for the greenhouse team.

So this has been done. When Flowing, you now see corrections instead of the next word prediction. What do you think of the change?

Ofcourse the new flow is bad. You know it well. I'm sure you are aware about the posts at the thread https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000564265-Improved-Flow-swipe-feature-in-SwiftKey-for-Android-Beta

Also the play Store rating is going down. So either you are deliberately keeping this sticky flow for you have lost some rights over the previous amazing flow, or you've become amazingly non responsive.