Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

nwimpney

Arrow keys on tablet?

4 posts in this topic

I don't really know if this belongs here or in the main branch,  but I just got a tablet, and am surprised to find that there seems to be no way of getting arrow keys on the main screen.   I use the up and down arrows very frequently, so switching to the numpad screen all the time is a huge hassle.   It seems like,  if anything,  it should be easier to do on the tablet,  with so much more screen space. 

Have you tried going to more then to customize and then the option for arrow keys on keyboard should be the top option.

I am using SwiftKey on both phone and tablet. I work with text hours every day, and on the phone, the arrow keys are OK, but on the tablet, if I undock the keyboard, I cannot get arrow keys. I have gone through all the setup menus over and over again and checked and undock every option, but nothing puts arrow keys on the keyboard. I do a lot of text editing (and therefore move the cursor around a lot) and am very ungrounded that there are no arrow keys on an undock, small keyboard.

Please give us the option of having arrow keys for all four directions on both tablets and phones. . 

Hi Paul,

If you did not know by now, Neural has rolled out to the market app. You migrate over to that app. Or jump over to the beta app. We released a handful of new features yesterday, one of which is the ability to have a number row of arrows on tablets. 

Cheers,

Ryan