Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

Kati

Sync down for iOS [Fixed]

Question

Every time I try to login to swiftkey cloud on my new iphone, I get a dialogue basically saying that there was a problem signing in and to check my internet connection. I have tried this on mobile data and on three different Wi-Fi networks, all of which load anything else I ask them to fine. I would like to not have to start over with a new dictionary from scratch every time I switch devices. Does everyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

62 answers to this question

I'm sorry for this inconvenience. We have temporarily turned off sync services. This means that you currently will not be able to log in to or back up your SwiftKey account.

Please make sure to check regularly for updates, as we will be resolving this as soon as we can. To read more about what happened see our blog: http://swft.ky/syncblog

Thank you for your patience,

Ryan

I'll include some screenshots. I'm trying to sign into SwiftKey Cloud using my Google account, which I had done on my android devices in the past, so my words and predictions can be backed up, my understanding is that is what Swiftkey cloud does. I switch devices often enough to not want to teach one new words all the time.

I open the Swiftkey app and click on profile. From there, I click on either Google or Facebook and put in my credentials. I get an error message with both every time about checking my internet connection. My internet is not an issue, as I was just on Facebook on my phone, and YouTube.

In fact, I tried this on my iPad last night and got the same errors, so I'm quite confused.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, Prad said:

This is a known issue. We know this is frustrating. We will get things up and running as soon as we can. I will update this thread when we have an update.

Best,

Ryan

Thank you, I thought it was just me! 

On 28/07/2016 at 0:07 PM, Prad said:

This is a known issue. We know this is frustrating. We will get things up and running as soon as we can. I will update this thread when we have an update.

Best,

Ryan

Ryan, please help us =(

I'm having the same problem.

So many data I've lost migrating from Android to iOS =((((((((((((((((

40 minutes ago, Kati said:

Every time I try to login to swiftkey cloud on my new iphone, I get a dialogue basically saying that there was a problem signing in and to check my internet connection. I have tried this on mobile data and on three different Wi-Fi networks, all of which load anything else I ask them to fine. I would like to not have to start over with a new dictionary from scratch every time I switch devices. Does everyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

Me 2 I have so many data in my SwiftKey with Facebook 

Hello, I use the iPhone 6s Plus, but never had this issue. Was the dialogue something from SwiftKey? Are your log in credentials SwiftKey or iOS? And what are you trying to accomplish? You said log in to SwiftKey cloud. Do you mean enable it?

So I'm having the exact same issue ever since I got my iPhone SE, two days ago. Any news so far?

5 hours ago, Bomber said:

So I'm having the exact same issue ever since I got my iPhone SE, two days ago. Any news so far?

Swiftkey is working to fix the problem but it's a jok that it takes them 3-4 days already 

Best,

Ryan

I've got no ability to sync either. The last time it worked for me was 5 days ago.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I get the following error after restoring my iphone 6S. It's not modded, internet works fine (tried both with an w/o wifi) gets the same error no matter if I use Google or Facebook to sign in. have also tried deleting the app and redownloaing without luck.

IMG_8926.PNG

When installing the application SwiftKey when configuring the keyboard I threw words and foreign data, not that if I come installing predictions shoot me if I still not learned anything from my writing

I think that SwiftKey has experienced issues, and have turned off the syncing. At least for now.

NeilQ, Los Angeles from Note 4

For some reason I removed the app from iPhone and add it back. After doing so now when I'm trying to connect to SwiftKey Cloud it always provides me like "ouch there's some Internet error, please check your Internet connection".

And I assure it's definitely perfect. I checked all permissions in iPhone settings.

image.png

20 hours ago, barelyadraft said:

I get the following error after restoring my iphone 6S. It's not modded, internet works fine (tried both with an w/o wifi) gets the same error no matter if I use Google or Facebook to sign in. have also tried deleting the app and redownloaing without luck

Hello,

Please go to this thread and take your time to read our updated blog.

If any update came up, it would be there.

Thank you.

Alpert

33 minutes ago, jago_ff said:

and the solution is?

They are trying to solve this with no success 

When ever I try to login using my Gmail account. I do all password sections including my 2 stage password confirmation.

In the end I get an error saying Ooops. Something went wrong. Cannot login to *SwiftKey* cloud.

Latest SwiftKey release 1.5.2

Sample screen shot is attached. 81cacb15426fabf8d0752349adb19fb6.png

I do confirm that I have access to Internet. I have tried to use home WiFi and phone 3g. All failed.

Is there a known problem?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Ertan said:

When ever I try to login using my Gmail account. I do all password sections including my 2 stage password confirmation.

In the end I get an error saying Ooops. Something went wrong. Cannot login to *SwiftKey* cloud.

Latest SwiftKey release 1.5.2

Sample screen shot is attached.

I do confirm that I have access to Internet. I have tried to use home WiFi and phone 3g. All failed.

Is there a known problem?

Thanks.

Hello,

I believe it's related to this featured post.

Please take your time to see if this is the cause. We're trying very hard to get things back to normal.

Alpert

As far as I can say, above link is my problem.