Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

  • 0
Kati

Sync down for iOS [Fixed]

Question

Every time I try to login to swiftkey cloud on my new iphone, I get a dialogue basically saying that there was a problem signing in and to check my internet connection. I have tried this on mobile data and on three different Wi-Fi networks, all of which load anything else I ask them to fine. I would like to not have to start over with a new dictionary from scratch every time I switch devices. Does everyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

62 answers to this question

  • 0

I was told there was an update that shows the 12th. I go to Testflight and it shows "open". I did not update anything this morning. So now I'm confused. Is the sync issue fixed or not? I go to the App and look, but not sure what to look at. It says back up and sync is on, but it's still not remembering my email addresses and passwords. It used to remember them all. It doesn't remember numbers. Is this going to be fixed? Or is it the new SwiftKey without ability to do emails, passwords and numbers?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 8/15/2016 at 8:03 AM, Ledsteplin said:

I was told there was an update that shows the 12th. I go to Testflight and it shows "open". I did not update anything this morning. So now I'm confused. Is the sync issue fixed or not? I go to the App and look, but not sure what to look at. It says back up and sync is on, but it's still not remembering my email addresses and passwords. It used to remember them all. It doesn't remember numbers. Is this going to be fixed? Or is it the new SwiftKey without ability to do emails, passwords and numbers?

 

Same issue. I am logged in but it is not remembering email addresses like it did before. This was the main reason I used SwiftKey over Google and others.

 

Please add this back.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
I got app update that fixed the sync but I lost all my words etc

I can see all my words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

We are making progress on this and continue to treat it as a top priority. Please make sure to keep your SwiftKey updated to the newest version.

 

Cheers,

 

Ryan

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This has been fixed. Please update SwiftKey to the latest version from the App store if you have not yet. We have more fixes coming, so keep an eye out for more updates.

 

Best,

 

Ryan

 

Edited by Prad
wrote in wrong app store name - sorry
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Prad said:

This has been fixed. Please update SwiftKey to the latest version from the App store if you have not yet. We have more fixes coming, so keep an eye out for more updates.

 

Best,

 

Ryan

 

When I received email (gmail) notification of this post the words "App store" were replaced by "Google Play Store"! Is that something google/ gmail does to promote itself? 

image.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 minutes ago, bvhara said:

When I received email (gmail) notification of this post the words "App store" were replaced by "Google Play Store"! Is that something google/ gmail does to promote itself? 

image.png

 

No, that was a mistake on my part. I accidentally wrote Google Play Store because I have a similar post for the Android app. I made an edit to my post and changed the text to have "App Store" 

 

Shame on me. =\

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 minutes ago, Prad said:

 

No, that was a mistake on my part. I accidentally wrote Google Play Store because I have a similar post for the Android app. I made an edit to my post and changed the text to have "App Store" 

 

Shame on me. =\

Whew!  That's reassuring. I'm off to app store for update.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi, I have just downloaded this app for the first time today and have the same issue. I have iphone 5s, the app is downloaded from the app store. I tried to login by google or facebook  accounts for about ten times already. Are you aware of this issue and work on it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Make sure you toggle the world icon key that appears to the left of the space bar. It should turn into a smiley face when the SwiftKey keyboard appears. "SwiftKey" will also appear on the space bar.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites