Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

St3ve

Can't write a comma on the new lockscreen

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

since ios 10 betas I'm unable to write a comma when answering from lockscreen. I'm currently running ios 10 developer beta 8 and SwiftKey beta 1.5.4. When you try to write a comma you swipe the background instead. To make it clear I made a video. Cheers :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3lYopZf2_IQWkZwbXpRZWMxeWM

EDIT: I just realized that it is the same with writing accent characters like á and so. 

Thanks for the video Steve. Did this start with the latest Dev preview?

On 6. 9. 2016 at 8:09 PM, Prad said:

Thanks for the video Steve. Did this start with the latest Dev preview?

I can't actually say if it's since the very first built, but it happens for a very long time. My guess is that is since the very first one :)

UPDATE: The problem still persists even on the golden build. 

Just to be sure, you used to be able to do this and now it's a broken experience? Most likely starting with the iOS 10 betas?

15 minutes ago, Prad said:

Just to be sure, you used to be able to do this and now it's a broken experience? Most likely starting with the iOS 10 betas?

Yes, I was able to do this on iOS 9. Now that the lockscreen behavior changed it also broke this SwiftKey functionality. I believe that it's caused by the new lockscreen gestures. 

Steve quick one. Have you updated to the latest iOS 10.0.1 stable build and if so does the issue still arise??

dedicated iOS swiftkey support team

9 minutes ago, Iamdaymo said:

Steve quick one. Have you updated to the latest iOS 10.0.1 stable build and if so does the issue still arise??

dedicated iOS swiftkey support team

Yes :) I'm on latest ios and SwiftKey beta :) you guys don't have this issue?? :D

I don't have the issue watch

, hello, I am using the latest beta build and the latest stable ios build. I can't reproduce this comma issue??

Sent using SwiftKey and swiftmoji on an ios device.

Hold up you said from lock screen I'll check again. 

After watching the video, you mention not being able to insert the comma, but it looks like you're trying to insert the period (which is the main punctuation on the first key).

So I have a few more questions.

1) Does any punctuation work from the lock screen in this scenario. As in trying a question mark

2) Does this only happen in iMessage? Does punctuation work in any other reply field from the lock screen.

Best,

Ryan

14 hours ago, Prad said:

After watching the video, you mention not being able to insert the comma, but it looks like you're trying to insert the period (which is the main punctuation on the first key).

So I have a few more questions.

1) Does any punctuation work from the lock screen in this scenario. As in trying a question mark

2) Does this only happen in iMessage? Does punctuation work in any other reply field from the lock screen.

Best,

Ryan

Thanks for great questions! I actually didn't believe it was possible, but

2 - in viber it works, I will try other apps too and report back :)

1 - no punctuation or accented characters work, nor changing languages work. Sometimes you might accidentally press some, but it doesn't really work. :)

Anything more I could try out? 

EDIT: Facebook messenger working fine too. 

So it's only iMesage that does not work. Before iOS 10, SwiftKey never showed up on the lock screen before did it?

11 minutes ago, Prad said:

So it's only iMesage that does not work. Before iOS 10, SwiftKey never showed up on the lock screen before did it?

Well, expect for some random hiccups it showed and worked properly :) 

The SwiftKey keyboard doesn't even come up on the lockscreen  for me it always goes to the iPhone default keyboard. I'm on the newest ios software and the latest beta from SwiftKey 

On 16. 9. 2016 at 8:03 PM, Prad said:

Well, for some reason I was now able to write properly even in imessage quick answear.. Wierd, but good :D (no updates done in meanwhile)

This is what I thought was strange. I don't think SwiftKey ever used to come up on the lock screen before. It might be an OS bug that is even allowing us to show up.

But if it's working now then perfect. 

1 hour ago, Prad said:

This is what I thought was strange. I don't think SwiftKey ever used to come up on the lock screen before. It might be an OS bug that is even allowing us to show up.

For me it works just fine now :) just tried it with pin protected lockscreen and it works too :) if I find any issues, I'll report them :)

On 19. 9. 2016 at 5:23 PM, Prad said:

Hi, sadly the problem is back. SK comes up every time, pretty fine. But the new lockscreen really sucks with SK. No comma, no accent characters, no language changing :( anything I can do to help? :)

From what I was told, we're not even supposed to be loading from the lock screen. So this itself seems like a broken experience, that I believe os platform related.

I'll let the devs know.

From what I was told, we're not even supposed to be loading from the lock screen. So this itself seems like a broken experience, that I believe os platform related.

I'll let the devs know.

Hi,

first of all - Merry Christmas :))

And now to the bug - since I upgraded from iphone 5 to 5s I don't get SwiftKey on lockscreen anymore either. Just the default keyboard. SwiftKey worked only on iPhone 5 when on lockscreen. So it solved it self :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk