Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

HelenZ

languages order changed with update [bug reported]

16 posts in this topic

I use the SwiftKey beta and I have a problem happening for the second time.
I use 3 languages on my keyboard; English, Hebrew, Russian - exactly on that order
Meaning, when I'm on Hebrew, and I want English, it's on the left. And when I want Russian, it's on the right.
For the second time something has happened and the order of the languages got mixed. Now its English, Russian, Hebrew.
Nothing I did, like delete the languages and set them again in the order I want, has helped.
Last time after a week or two it just got back to the way it always was - I have no idea how. But now it happened again (I suspect that it happens after updates, but I'm not sure) and it really bothers me. It's really uncomfortable because, well, the force of habit. Every time now that I want to switch a language I swipe 2 times searching for the one I want.

Can you please help me somehow with this? Is there something I can do to set the order the way I'm used to?

Hi there,

When writing a bug report, please make sure you list the current beta version you are using plus your device info and OS version number. This info is needed every time.

Kindly,

Ryan

Hi,

Sorry, the version is beta 6.4.5.41

device Lg G4 810 android version 6.0

Shall I add anything else?

Helen

I think that should be it. I reported it. Let me know if you see any improvements happening over the next few releases.

Well, it didn't help. I even deleted my account (something I regret) and it still didnt help. None of my friends is having this problem and they have the language order I used to have. Anything else can be done?

Sorry forgot to add - new beta version is 6.4.6.26

I reported it, but this is the only report we have on it. So it's very low priority. Strange that you said it only happened to you while not your friends. 

On 11/7/2016 at 11:10 PM, Prad said:

I reported it, but this is the only report we have on it. So it's very low priority. Strange that you said it only happened to you while not your friends. 

Hi

I have the exact same problem but on the final app (not beta).

I tried re-enabling them on settings in order to get them in the sequence I want. I did it but eventually the positions changed again by themselves. This happened three times in the 10 days. I also tried the beta but it didn't help.

Is there a way to set the sequence of the three languages in the order I want? A feature perhaps? If so, this would be highly desirable for me.

Swiftkey version 6.4.6.30
Device LG-D802 android 6.0.1 (cm13)

The cm version is the latest stable, not nightly.

Please tell me if there is anything else I can do.

Edited by DanZidane
Swiftkey has just been updated. New version is 6.4.6.32 but no solution so far

Glad to know my attempt to report a bug was for nothing. I've learned my lesson that the support here lacks professionalism.

Swiftkey team people or whatever, if you decide to reply then I hope you will make meaningful and not resentful responses.

I'm With DanZidane.

Since I reported it i happened also on my tablet (asus) and on my moms phone (meizu) as well and on my dads (doogee) and also my boyfriends' (samsung)

Is there anything to be done about it? It's still very uncomfortable and i didn't get used to the new order

5 hours ago, DanZidane said:

Glad to know my attempt to report a bug was for nothing. I've learned my lesson that the support here lacks professionalism.

Swiftkey team people or whatever, if you decide to reply then I hope you will make meaningful and not resentful responses.

I apologize for the long delay. @DanZidane

@HelenZ As a reported bug, it means devs are looking into it. Besides it's a low priority as @Prad said, it's gonna take some time. Meanwhile please be patient. If there's a change, it would be in the changelog, most likely.

One thing @DanZidane probably should know: no matter if CM is stable or Nightly, it's still a 3rd party ROM. SwiftKey does not guarantee the fully well function on all 3rd party ROMs.

All best wishes for the new year

Alpert

24 minutes ago, Alpert said:

I apologize for the long delay. @DanZidane

@HelenZ As a reported bug, it means devs are looking into it. Besides it's a low priority as @Prad said, it's gonna take some time. Meanwhile please be patient. If there's a change, it would be in the changelog, most likely.

One thing @DanZidane probably should know: no matter if CM is stable or Nightly, it's still a 3rd party ROM. SwiftKey does not guarantee the fully well function on all 3rd party ROMs.

All best wishes for the new year

Alpert

First of all, thank you for the politeness and the professionalism. I wish you happy new year too.

On the topic now. I am fully aware of the risks of a 3rd party ROM and I don't expect Swiftkey to take responsibility or guarantee things that may be out of its scope. I understand that. However, since the same issue exists on other people's phones, if it is fixed officially then it is likely that may work for me at the same time.

Because I replied after @Prad's report, I was actually expecting some kind of feedback. There was none until today, but worse I did not know if my reply made any kind of difference. Obviously it is going to be a low priority bug as it doesn't seem to be a major issue, just a personal nuisance for people like me and @HelenZ

But there is something @Alpert that you could give me a reply on a previous question. What about the idea of an option so the user can change the sequence however he or she likes? If that idea is worthwhile, then could someone from the support staff make a report on behalf of me? I ask this because I really don't know the procedure and I would be really grateful.

I don't know if the report, that has already been done, was about the bug or the feature or both. It is helpful to provide some clarity within a reasonable (not hasty) amount of time.

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, DanZidane said:

First of all, thank you for the politeness and the professionalism. I wish you happy new year too.

On the topic now. I am fully aware of the risks of a 3rd party ROM and I don't expect Swiftkey to take responsibility or guarantee things that may be out of its scope. I understand that. However, since the same issue exists on other people's phones, if it is fixed officially then it is likely that may work for me at the same time.

Because I replied after @Prad's report, I was actually expecting some kind of feedback. There was none until today, but worse I did not know if my reply made any kind of difference. Obviously it is going to be a low priority bug as it doesn't seem to be a major issue, just a personal nuisance for people like me and @HelenZ

But there is something @Alpert that you could give me a reply on a previous question. What about the idea of an option so the user can change the sequence however he or she likes? If that idea is worthwhile, then could someone from the support staff make a report on behalf of me? I ask this because I really don't know the procedure and I would be really grateful.

I don't know if the report, that has already been done, was about the bug or the feature or both. It is helpful to provide some clarity within a reasonable (not hasty) amount of time.

Thank you.

I don't know if it's because there's not many people who speak more than 2 languages, we didn't hear many feedbacks. Maybe it's also because they use the same layout to type different languages, which is a unique SwiftKey feature.

And as you may know, the priority of development or a bug fix is based on the number of requests submitted by consumer (well, personally speaking, and most likely). You mean an option allows user to change the language order, I think it's considerable.  However it's just my opinion, I can speak to mods team, but I don't hold the vote for any decisions. 

The status of a bug could be shown on the title of the thread. Examples are : [More info needed], [under review], [bug reported], and [fixed in x.xx.x]. These are the labels added by us. As Prad marked as [bug reported], it means we've already passed the stage of collecting information and sent to the dev team. If there's extra information needed, we will contact you.

Thank you for choosing SwiftKey 

Alpert

Jumping in here as well. 

if it was up to me, I would fix every bug that comes in. But that's just possible in software. 

Also as Alpert said, I reported the bug. At this point, there is not much else I can do. The ticket is added to the backlog and things are fixed based on priority (as I'm sure all companies do).

We have some work to do around the space bar and languages, so maybe this will be rolled into that sprint. I know it is a poor experience which is why I helped put it front of the right people. 

Sometimes, there's just nothing for me to say thats going to make anyone happy. But I don't appreciate my professionalism being questioned or coming here and reporting a bug a mistake or waste of time. I do what I can to get everything I can fixed. I'm your biggest proponent for getting things fixed or added to the product. 

I as well as the company is always reading reviews and feedback all over the internet. 

12 hours ago, Prad said:

Sometimes, there's just nothing for me to say thats going to make anyone happy. But I don't appreciate my professionalism being questioned or coming here and reporting a bug a mistake or waste of time. I do what I can to get everything I can fixed. I'm your biggest proponent for getting things fixed or added to the product.

I first posted on 16th November and I thought "they are busy, they'll reply in a few days or so". I waited until more than a month passed with zero reply. Not even a quick response to show that the message was actually read. And aside the bug, what about the suggestion about the order? That would have definitely attracted a response of any kind but I was wrong. It didn't happen.

Also, I want to say that I really like the swipe spacebar to switch a language. It is comfortable and fast. One of the reasons I prefer Swiftkey. I hope that an option, for the user to set the order of the languages on spacebar, will be implemented in the future. It sounds like a great idea for the people who use multiple different languages.

No need to rush things. Keep up the good work.

I will continue to try and be better. Even though I don't reply, I see and read everything on here. For feature requests specifically, I hardly respond. I mark it down on a sheet and I move on. Sometimes will I engage in those. Those discussions are really best for the community to talk to each other. And I will jump in when I feel I'm needed.

Any idea is a good idea. So please, don't think that coming here is a bad idea. Everything is read and tracked. 

Cheers,

Ryan