Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community - this community is no longer a place to submit feedback and bug reports. That community has moved over to here.

This forum is now dedicated for a private community - if you got the invite to join this community, create your account and we'll be in touch. 

paras

Lag with Gujarati Transliteration [bug reported]

38 posts in this topic

When I selected dual language English and Gujarati, the key board performance become absolutely laggy in English language, more prominent while swyping. If I remove gujarati language, performance becomes smooth. I think this is a serious bug.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, paras said:

When I selected dual language English and Gujarati, the key board performance become absolutely laggy in English language, more prominent while swyping. If I remove gujarati language, performance becomes smooth. I think this is a serious bug.

Hello, 

Perhaps it's more complicated than that. I have two languages activated : English and French. It seems no lag at all. 

Perhaps it's some specific language combinations. 

We'll keep looking. 

Alpert 

Thank you, it is Indian language (indic) with transliteration. I had to deselect the second language (gujarati) else it was impossible to use. Hope some solution will be coming through soon. If this can not be solved, it will be a good idea to put a short cut to select the language, like it is there in Google indic key board. Thanks

2 minutes ago, paras said:

Thank you, it is Indian language (indic) with transliteration. I had to deselect the second language (gujarati) else it was impossible to use. Hope some solution will be coming through soon. If this can not be solved, it will be a good idea to put a short cut to select the language, like it is there in Google indic key board. Thanks

Oh, thanks. 

Can you confirm one thing for me please? If it's only gujarati enabled, it still lags? 

Thanks in advance. 

Alpert 

Yes when I have selected only gujarati, then also there is a lag.

The scenario is like this.

Language selected is only gujarati, when I type in gujarati transliteration no lag, when I type Direct using gujrati phonetic, no lag, when I type English without swype no lag, but when I swype English, too much lag.

4 hours ago, paras said:

Yes when I have selected only gujarati, then also there is a lag.

The scenario is like this.

Language selected is only gujarati, when I type in gujarati transliteration no lag, when I type Direct using gujrati phonetic, no lag, when I type English without swype no lag, but when I swype English, too much lag.

Thanks for the extra info.

I'll report it Monday. Because it's the holiday right now in the US.

On 11/26/2016 at 2:06 PM, paras said:

No problem, thank you for your kind attention, enjoy your weekend too

Can you please list your device and it's current OS version

Best,

Ryan

If you have at least android 5.0 or higher, can you download AZ screen recorder and capture video footage of this lag. This would be helpful. I was not able to reproduce this on a Pixel.

Thanks, turns out there is some slight performance issues with the new transliteration features. We have some work being done to make this smoother. 

Thanks, I think keyboard get confused in what word to predict English or Gujarati, and as a result lag and prediction error, this is a lay man diagnosis 😁😁😁

No worries. Has anything been improved with the 6.4.8 beta?

I am using this attached version and the reported issue is in this version only. I have Hi not received any notification about any other version after this. Thanks

The SwiftKey version was never reported in this thread. So I don't know what version you are actually using. 

b73cfa3918cf590df77e653f0c6f575f.jpg

I tried to attach in my previous reply, some how it failed, and I did not notice. My apologies. The version is 6.4.8. 27

Just downloaded version 6.4.8.37, checked the performance, it is still the same, new observation, after lifting fingers after swyping, I can see the trail for some time,

Mind making another video please. I've passed along the info to the team

thanks for the video. What happens if you go to the languages list and pull down to refresh. Does it give a notification anything was updated?

I did not exactly get you, you mean to say, I go to menu where I can select language and refresh (how)

Yes it shows toast message at the bottom, saying, language list updated every time I pull down to refresh

Yea, I mean pull to refresh. After that, check the top of the list where your languages are to see if there is an update button.

Pulled, message received that language list updated but no update button to update button appears, thanks

Today I got beta update, I was expecting some improvements in lag. But it turned out to be worse than the previous version.

Really? Can you tell me what languages you have installed currently on SwiftKey?