Welcome to SwiftKey Insiders Community

This community has now become "SwiftKey Insiders" - built around SwiftKey users who want to help shape the future of SwiftKey products from the ground up. 

This is not a support community. If you are looking for general support, feedback and feature requests, please visit our support site here.

Note: this community is only available for SwiftKey for Android at this time

But if you would like to join our iOS or Windows lists to be notified when we launch on these platforms, please let us know.

Sign up here if you're interested in:

• Seeing early designs
  • Playing with prototypes
  • Taking surveys 
  • Giving thoughtful honest feedback

Prad

Drop of prediction quality after updating

Prad    1,917

Hello everyone,

We tend to see some of reports of loss of prediction quality after an app update. We're looking for some people who have experienced this recently. 

If so, what kinds of words do you feel or actually did go missing?

- Common words

- Phone numbers

- Email addresses

- Physical addresses

- Etc

Anything you can mention specifically would be super helpful.

Best,

Ryan

About two months ago I began noticing that SwiftKey no longer remembered my email address, which is frustrating, since I rely on it to sign in quickly and a variety of sites. It also seems to be, in general, not as smart as it used to be. 

I replaced my iphone 6+ around that time, but I downloaded my backup copy, so it should have all the same settings and saved data. However, I have typed it in, including tapping the bar at the top of the app where it appeared as I typed it, at least 30 times and it has not yet remembered it.

I'd love to know if there's anything I can do to make it remember my email.

Prad    1,917
14 hours ago, Alphonse W Mucha said:

About two months ago I began noticing that SwiftKey no longer remembered my email address, which is frustrating, since I rely on it to sign in quickly and a variety of sites. It also seems to be, in general, not as smart as it used to be. 

I replaced my iphone 6+ around that time, but I downloaded my backup copy, so it should have all the same settings and saved data. However, I have typed it in, including tapping the bar at the top of the app where it appeared as I typed it, at least 30 times and it has not yet remembered it.

I'd love to know if there's anything I can do to make it remember my email.

This might have been related to a bug we had a few months ago, which we fixed already. Despite the point of this message, it should be remembering emails. All you have to do is type it in, press on the word in the candidate bar and it should have it remembered. 

You mentioned you replaced your iphone, did you sign into the same account using the same credentials?

1 hour ago, Prad said:

This might have been related to a bug we had a few months ago, which we fixed already. Despite the point of this message, it should be remembering emails. All you have to do is type it in, press on the word in the candidate bar and it should have it remembered. (bolding added by me)

This is exactly what have done, at least thirty times since getting the new iphone.

You mentioned you replaced your iphone, did you sign into the same account using the same credentials?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Which account are you referring to? I have signed into my accounts at many different sites, always having to type out the whole email address, and never seeing it autocomplete in the candidate bar as I was doing so.

Prad    1,917

Strange that it's not remembering them. I've not seen this issue happening since we fixed it a few months ago. Might be worth trying a fresh install. Even though you might have just installed it.

To my second point, it actually doesn't really matter. Even if you never created a SwiftKey account or you signed into an existing one, the fact that after not remembering your email after the first use concerns me. But to clear up what I meant, was did you have a SwiftKey account, and if so, on your new phone, did you sign into the same one?

You have two options, FB and Google. 

hlecuanda    2

Now that you. Mention it, you are right since a couple of weeks ago, I noticed I was getting. Some junk while. I typed... But I thought that I had botched some predictions myself since I was having a heated discussion over messaging. So I terrained the keyboard and It got kinda better, so I thought if was still relearnig some of my more exotic expletives.. Haha

That's about when it started completeing urls on the chrome address bar.

I leave some nonsense verbatim in the above paragraphs as ecjdebcje of the inaccuracies.

Exampmd*.... Damn...exsample.

Thx so much.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Recalc    0

Don't know if this is an updating issue, but when I enter a date such as 12-05-16, Swiftkey accepts the date without issue. But, when I attempt the date in 12/05/16 format, Swiftkey inserts "mm" after the first / and it frustrating trying to complete the date.  Am I missing something? (Android 6.02; Galaxy S5)

LexoNokiaN    1

After the latest (November) updates, my Swiftkey beta keyboard started remembering few words, clears clipboard items even if they are pinned. Also it dropped some suggestions which were working perfect before (like predicting emojis, contact names, common words, etc.), all permissions are granted to the app, so permissions not the issue here, Typing heatmap also not showing keys after the update... :huh:

One suggestion: Please add skin-tone picker for emoji ^_^

Prad    1,917
On 12/13/2016 at 6:19 AM, LexoNokiaN said:

After the latest (November) updates, my Swiftkey beta keyboard started remembering few words, clears clipboard items even if they are pinned. Also it dropped some suggestions which were working perfect before (like predicting emojis, contact names, common words, etc.), all permissions are granted to the app, so permissions not the issue here, Typing heatmap also not showing keys after the update... :huh:

One suggestion: Please add skin-tone picker for emoji ^_^

I have sent you a PM, please check it out.

We have added diverse emoji. You need to have the right version of Android to use it.

I hardly get any of my own words predicted anymore, and what's really annoying is that I can't SAVE my words anymore because they don't show up in the bar! 

Also, because the settings have totally changed these last few months, I get a window claiming I have like 9,000 custom words...   Excuse me?! 

But I can no longer access my personal dictionary to even see it, let alone edit it.  I write - a lot - but not even I could make up nine thousand words/phrases. 

As for predictions to finish commonly used sentences, that has only been half as bad as actually predicting my custom words, or allowing me to type them at all.  I have to go back and 'fix' them. 

I talk fast and I type very fast - that's why I always loved SwiftKey, but with the other issues, like not capitalizing "I" automatically anymore and having a totally different keyboard on my tablet than my phone - such as, can't get emojis to long press on tablet - I'm getting very frustrated with SwiftKey anymore. Shame, too, 'cause I've used it for a long time. 

Alpert    354
6 minutes ago, breakthruracing said:

I hardly get any of my own words predicted anymore, and what's really annoying is that I can't SAVE my words anymore because they don't show up in the bar! 

Also, because the settings have totally changed these last few months, I get a window claiming I have like 9,000 custom words...   Excuse me?! 

But I can no longer access my personal dictionary to even see it, let alone edit it.  I write - a lot - but not even I could make up nine thousand words/phrases. 

As for predictions to finish commonly used sentences, that has only been half as bad as actually predicting my custom words, or allowing me to type them at all.  I have to go back and 'fix' them. 

I talk fast and I type very fast - that's why I always loved SwiftKey, but with the other issues, like not capitalizing "I" automatically anymore and having a totally different keyboard on my tablet than my phone - such as, can't get emojis to long press on tablet - I'm getting very frustrated with SwiftKey anymore. Shame, too, 'cause I've used it for a long time. 

Please remain calm.

Please answer following questions and the one asked by Prad in the first post :

• Android version,
  • SK version

Thanks

Alpert

Not sure how to reply to Alpert directly, but if you are this, I'm not sure how much more descriptive I could be on specifics for Prad's question since, as I explained, I write a lot.  But for example, just now, neither your name nor Prad's came up in the bat for me to click to add, even though I spelled each one out instead of swiping. 

As to your questions: 

Android 7.0 

I don't know what versions of SK I have, all I know is they've updated repeatedly this week, and today I just switched to the SK Beta here on my LG. 

On my phone (LG) I have the normal enter key with long press for emojis.  However, on my Samsung Tab E, I cannot change the enter back from emojis.  And, again, as I said, I type too fast to stop and remember the differences between devices now when SK was the same across my devices before. 

*Note: "emoji" has disappeared from my words, so above I had to tap in "emojis" - then when I went to use the singular "emoji" the plural showed up.  But I tapped in the singular.  Then when I used the plural a second time - the prediction had disappeared.  In nano-seconds! 

Alpert    354
2 hours ago, breakthruracing said:

Not sure how to reply to Alpert directly, but if you are this, I'm not sure how much more descriptive I could be on specifics for Prad's question since, as I explained, I write a lot.  But for example, just now, neither your name nor Prad's came up in the bat for me to click to add, even though I spelled each one out instead of swiping. 

As to your questions: 

Android 7.0 

I don't know what versions of SK I have, all I know is they've updated repeatedly this week, and today I just switched to the SK Beta here on my LG. 

On my phone (LG) I have the normal enter key with long press for emojis.  However, on my Samsung Tab E, I cannot change the enter back from emojis.  And, again, as I said, I type too fast to stop and remember the differences between devices now when SK was the same across my devices before. 

*Note: "emoji" has disappeared from my words, so above I had to tap in "emojis" - then when I went to use the singular "emoji" the plural showed up.  But I tapped in the singular.  Then when I used the plural a second time - the prediction had disappeared.  In nano-seconds! 

If I understand correctly, you say that even you type " ALPERT" these keys, there won't be "Alpert" on your prediction bar?

That's not normal.

SK version number: you can find in SK settings > up-right corner 3-dot menu key > about.

I suggest we look at the prediction words for the moment, can you upload a video, recording your typing? I personally suggest this app and strongly recommend to enable the "show touch" option in developer settings in your LG.

Keep us updated.

Alpert

Prad    1,917

Hi there,

Let me try and help clear some things up.

1) That stat card you are seeing shows how many words you've taught SwiftKey. When you download a language with SwiftKey, we don't have every single word in that languages dictionary included. The file would be too large. So sometimes those words are compromised of the same word with different endings. It is also a combination of your own custom words that you've taught SwiftKey, names, locations, sports teams, food, etc.

2) You have never been able to view or edit these words

3) There was two different apps for the tablet and phone years ago. We merged them into the same app. We are able to recognize when on a tablet and show different settings because the screen is larger. You should be able to adjust your settings to make the tablet version look like it does on your phone. Since I don't know exactly what you are expecting, please explore the settings.

4) As far as SwiftKey finishing commonly used sentences, this is the issue I am trying to get to the bottom of. Particularly after an update. In other instances, you can clear cache and data from the app and this can restore prediction quality if it seems off. But we are looking into the root issue.

Joemama53    0

Just noticed I have none of my saved emails, address or any other info again! I'm on iOS 10.2 Swift Keyboard 1.6.0. When I tap Facebook login the app crashes.

Fixed!! I deleted app and re-installed it! Fingers crossed this works!!

Aldis Ozols    0

About a month ago I thought I noticed a degradation in SwiftKey'predictive abilities. Now it seems that others are having some problems as well. 

One thing I noticed is that it was less successful in the prediction of word endings. I would sometimes have to type out the whole root word before it gave me the ending I wanted, whereas previously it would get there much faster. 

Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me to take notes, so I don't have any specifics. It seems to have unlearned parts of the way I type. It's still very good though, and I wouldn't have brought it up if I hadn't seen the topic on the forum. 

I've also noticed significant improvements in some areas. In particular, SwiftKey now makes more multiple word suggestions with greater accuracy. I wonder when the last update was? 

Jetlagger    0

Hello Prad, 

I was crawling for help and stumbled on your post. 

I also experience great loss of word prediction. Phone numbers and mails are OK, it seems to be the case with usual words. It seems SwiftKey is wanting to see a lot of spaces and punctuation as I type, but it's not the case. 

Now that I write in English it seems to be way better. I will try to disable English and stay only with French to see if there's a change. 

I got the impression that your keyboard is misinterpreting the keys I type. My thermal map looks very regular... 

I am sorry but I don't have the time to read all the replies. I'm available if you have a question though. 

Thank you for all your good work! 

Jetlagger 

Typing_Heatmap-24-01-2017.png

Prad    1,917

yes, your heat map does seem very neat and most likely not probable. You can go into SK Settings > hit menu > clear typing data > this could help refresh things.

Ray01    25

OK, I definitely see the drop of prediction quality after latest update.

Not only I have 6000 words less in stats, but this keyboard feels less "mine" overall.

I have to work harder.

Stock Android 6.0.1, latest SwiftKey, Nexus 5.