Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community - this community is no longer a place to submit feedback and bug reports. That community has moved over to here.

This forum is now dedicated for a private community - if you got the invite to join this community, create your account and we'll be in touch. 

sagikoren

Red line under *every* word [fixed in 6.4.4]

64 posts in this topic

This has started about a month and a half ago - every word I type gets a red line underneath it. 

1. There's no problem with Google's default keyboard.

2. If I switch back after using Google's keyboard, it works well for about 5-10 seconds, then the lines start to appear again under every word.

3. English works well (So it might be related to the fact that I'm using 2 languages? Or maybe to the fact the Hebrew is a right-to-left language?)

This is happening to all of my friends who are using Swiftkey - and to all of them it started happening around the same time.

As you can see in the picture, it even suggests the same word it thinks I've misspelled. Which means the word is there somewhere.

Any ideas?

Swift.jpg

I, too, have been experiencing the red lines under all words in Hebrew.  Looks like SwiftKey doesn't recognize the words.  Would be nice to find a solution.

Hello @sagikoren @lyndale VIPs,

the red underline comes from the spell checker from Android system, and in most of the time, it checks the language of default system language that you chose. For example, if you choose English as system language, then spell check will check all the words you typed based on English, other languages and for the words does not spell the same as a English word, would be underlined.

However, for Google Keyboard and OEM's default keyboard, the checking language will change to match the typing language, which means, if you typing English by using English keyboard, system will check English typing, and if you type Hebrew with Hebrew keyboard, system will check Hebrew typing. Sweet, right?

Except this feature won't be applied on 3rd party keyboards, like SwiftKey. It means, if you have English as system language, and if you type Hebrew, then the checker will check Hebrew by using English dictionary, that leads every words you typed underlined even if it's well spelled. 

This is a known issue and this is my answer, more details will come while devs are taking a further look.

Alpert

Thanks Alpert, that sounds very logical.  I guess a spell check wasn't performed earlier, when there were no red lines.  I do use English as my default language, so my Hebrew will remain underlined until the devs find a solution.  Not a big problem!

11 minutes ago, lyndale said:

Thanks Alpert, that sounds very logical.  I guess a spell check wasn't performed earlier, when there were no red lines.  I do use English as my default language, so my Hebrew will remain underlined until the devs find a solution.  Not a big problem!

You're always welcome!

If you find it's annoying, I would suggest you to turn off the checker. That's what I did ;)

23 minutes ago, Alpert said:

Hello @sagikoren @lyndale VIPs,

the red underline comes from the spell checker from Android system, and in most of the time, it checks the language of default system language that you chose. For example, if you choose English as system language, then spell check will check all the words you typed based on English, other languages and for the words does not spell the same as a English word, would be underlined.

However, for Google Keyboard and OEM's default keyboard, the checking language will change to match the typing language, which means, if you typing English by using English keyboard, system will check English typing, and if you type Hebrew with Hebrew keyboard, system will check Hebrew typing. Sweet, right?

Except this feature won't be applied on 3rd party keyboards, like SwiftKey. It means, if you have English as system language, and if you type Hebrew, then the checker will check Hebrew by using English dictionary, that leads every words you typed underlined even if it's well spelled. 

This is a known issue and this is my answer, more details will come while devs are taking a further look.

Alpert

Thanks for the answer.

This wasn't the case until recently and I've been using Swiftkey for years. I'm guessing Google had changed something in that area not long ago?

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I will wait for the solution.

Cheers,

Sagi

1 hour ago, sagikoren said:

Thanks for the answer.

This wasn't the case until recently and I've been using Swiftkey for years. I'm guessing Google had changed something in that area not long ago?

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I will wait for the solution.

Cheers,

Sagi

No problem, glad to help.

I don't what has Google changed. 

Finally nice to see an answer. Interesting though that SwiftKey came pre-installed on my one plus x but the problem is there. Hope it gets fixed soon. Once you get used to SwiftKey it's hard to go back 

Finally nice to see an answer. Interesting though that SwiftKey came pre-installed on my one plus x but the problem is there. Hope it gets fixed soon. Once you get used to SwiftKey it's hard to go back 

Hello Audrey,

I had an OnePlus X too! But it's Chinese version with H2OS, which means no SwiftKey :wacko:

That's a good question, let me reach out other moderators to see if they got some news.

Alpert

Thank You Alpert! SwiftKey DEFINITELY worked on Hebrew before and this change was sudden as reported by others. Wold love to have Hebrew spell check back 

Hi there,

i got the same problem. Since recent my swiftkey underlines almost every word.

The weird thing is that my system language is in the same language as google spell checker, namely dutch.

As you can see in the screenshot but languages are the same and still i got the problem that every word is red underlined.

IMG_20160720_134816.jpg?dl=1

We thought at first this was related to a specific device OS update. It appears that is not the case.

Here is some key info we need

1. Device type
  2. Android version number
  3. Device local language
  4. Languages installed on SK
  5. What languages cause the red underline
  6. SwiftKey version number

Best,

Ryan

1. Device: OnePlus X E1005
  2. Android : 5.1.1 OxygenOS: 2.2.1-X
  3. Device language : English US
  4. Languages installed: English and Hebrew
  5. Red Underline: Hebrew
  6. Swiftkey Version: 6.3.6.47
Edited by Alpert
Format edit

1. Device: Nexus 6p
  2. Android : 6.0.1
  4. Languages installed: English and Hebrew
  5. Red Underline: Hebrew
  6. Swiftkey Version: 6.3.6.47

1. Device type: OnePlus Two
  2. Android version number: 6.0.1 (OxygenOS: 3.0.2)
  3. Device local language: Nederlands (Belgie) --> is dutch if you say it in english
  4. Languages installed on SK: Nederlands, English US, Français (FR)
  5. What languages cause the red underline: Nederlands
  6. SwiftKey version number: 6.3.6.47

Thanks all! This info was super helpful.

2. Android : 7.0
  4. Languages installed: English and Arabic
  5. Red Underline: Arabic
  6. Swiftkey Version: 6.3.8.73

also

1. Device: Nexus 5x
  4. Languages installed: English and Arabic
  5. Red Underline: Arabic
  6. Swiftkey Version: 6.3.8.73

1. Device type - MIUI Xioami Redmi 3
  2. Android version number - 5.1.1 LMY47V
  3. Device local language - Hebrew
  4. Languages installed on SK - Hebrew and English
  5. What languages cause the red underline - Hebrew
  6. SwiftKey version number - 6.3.8.77

MIUI ROM Version - 7.2.99.99 - unofficial ROM

1. Device type : OnePlus 3 (ONEPLUS A3003)
  2. Android version number : 6.0.1
  3. Device local language : English (US)
  4. Languages installed on SK : English (US), Dutch (The Netherlands)
  5. What languages cause the red underline : Dutch (The Netherlands)
  6. SwiftKey version number : 6.3.3.66

4. Languages installed: English, Russian, Hebrew
  5. Red Underline: Russian, Hebrew
  6. Swiftkey Version: 6.3.8.82

Thanks everyone for giving the info I've asked for. I've been nagging people to check this out. I will update everyone on this thread when I have some info.

best,

Ryan

Device: Quantum GO Q2

Android: Marshmallow 6.0

SwiftKey Beta v6.4.1.47 build 813761269

The app charges that are misspelled even writing correctly. I've tried cleaning the data, uninstall and reinstall, download the language pack again (Brazilian Portuguese) but the error persists. It's not something that hinders functionality but is very annoying.

Screenshot_20160825-134423.png

Hello, any news on this? I'm using swedish as the second language and it does the same. 

I'm on oneplus 3 

Android 6.0.1

System language is English .

This issue has been open a long time so I hope there is a fix in sight? 

This is something we are looking into. Thanks for everyone who has posted the right info.

Device OS

SwiftKey version number

Languages installed via SwiftKey

I will be using this thread to ask any further details I may need.

Thanks for your patience.

Best,

Ryan

OxygenOS 3.2.4

SwiftKey 6.4.1.52

Languages : English and swedish. 

For now I turn off google spell checker and I get rid of the red lines. That is annoying. 

Ryan: during the past two months please do tell us what has been found or done? How long do we need to wait? Surely the developers must have done something in two months I hope?