Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

Prad

SwiftKey Android GIF Support

SwiftKey and GIF support   37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see SwiftKey support GIFs

2. 2. What features would make it super awesome?

• Pre defined topics (happy, sad, angry, etc)
    • A favorites areas (meaning you could mark some GIFs as a favorite to come back to it easily)
    • Trending (GIFs that are currently trending via a GIF service)
    • New GIFs
    • GIFs based on the context of the sentence you just wrote (if there is one)
    • Other (leave idea in comments)
  3. 3. Where should access to GIFs be on the keyboard?

• From the emoji panel
    • From the Hub
    • A dedicated key on the keyboard (via a setting where it can be turned on/off)
    • A non-removable dedicated key on the keyboard
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

Ive been seeing a lot of attention around GIF support. As Android has made this a better experience with their API, I'm curious as to what types of features you think would make this an awesome experience inside SwiftKey.

I've created a poll with some predefined ideas I've come up with, but you should be able to add some of your own, if not, post them in the comments and I can add them.

Lets hear all your wild ideas.

Cheers,

Ryan

I'm not sure how restrictive the GIF Api is for Android, but allowing gifs in all apps even if they haven't added gif support would be nice. I also think having a button that goes straight to gifs would be helpful, but think that adding an option for it would be best so that people wouldn't be stuck with it if they don't like gifs.

Maybe even allow it to be a long press of the emoji key instead if you're worried about space. 

Instead of GIF support, I would rather like to see:

-full acces to personal dictionary, to edit, delete or move words between languages,

-richer dictionaries, I use your keyboard and other ones since 6 years, still missing a lot of words in Polish, I'm aware that supporting this language is hard, but Swype is far away with its dictionary since I remember

-possibility to switch between languages without using different layouts

-possibility to switch recently used emojis to most used emojis

-themed emoji panel, to mach it with used theme

-delete last word with swipe on delete key

-theme based on top panel of application

-fix double spacing after word (i write word with flow, ends it and press space - gives me double one)

Cheers!

I don't use gif, Android support is poor...GIFs are really fuzzy, not clear, and not smooth.

Better to introduce it later. And at the same time, it'll depend on the app (facebook, hangouts, wechat...) itself support gif or not. One step further : support 3rd party gif or not.

It's not just a keyboard thing.

1 hour ago, haax said:

Instead of GIF support, I would rather like to see:

-full acces to personal dictionary, to edit, delete or move words between languages,

-richer dictionaries, I use your keyboard and other ones since 6 years, still missing a lot of words in Polish, I'm aware that supporting this language is hard, but Swype is far away with its dictionary since I remember

-possibility to switch between languages without using different layouts

-possibility to switch recently used emojis to most used emojis

-themed emoji panel, to mach it with used theme

-delete last word with swipe on delete key

-theme based on top panel of application

-fix double spacing after word (i write word with flow, ends it and press space - gives me double one)

Cheers!

We're working on more language technology. As you said, some languages are more complex.

- You can type in up to now 5 languages on SwiftKey in all the same layout if you want. All the space bar does it switch to a layout. It does not change the language. It's easier to type in some language by having a native layout though. So not sure what the issue is here

- Fair point about emoji 

- We do have some work to do with the emoji panel. We did make it light and dark. A issue that came up with fully theming the emoji panel to a specific theme can make the emoji hard to see

- More gestures, got it

- Theme based on top panel of application. What?

- regarding this bug, please report it. This post is not the best place to report an issue. 

Theme based on top panel of application. What?

I meant SwiftKey theme, that changes its color to match the color of actually used app, based on primary color of layout, usually placed on top panel/bar.

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, haax said:

I meant SwiftKey theme, that changes its color to match the color of actually used app, based on primary color of layout, usually placed on top panel/bar.

Thanks!

Got it. Similar to Fleksy's Chameleon theme, right? 

Gif support much needed. Link it to giphy, ebroji, or any of the other gif engines.

Textra does it well.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It would be awesome to access directly to the Gifs panel by long-pressing the "emoji" button and sliding the thumb to "Gifs". That way, we would be spared a long-press to access the emoji area and a tap to select "Gifs" from that area. 

I hope I have been clear! 

This wasn't listed as an option in the survey, so I will state it here (even though it may just be too obvious to include in the survey)...

The GIF selection needs to be searchable B)

_GS_

I don't care about gifs. If I want to share them, I do. But not via keyboard. 

Rather I would like to see a better dictionary settings. I don't know how many words SwiftKey learned already. I don't know when Russian / English dictionary was updated. I can't add words exactly to SwiftKey. 

And I'll be happy when you update Russian dictionary. It's too poor. 

Also it would be nice to see how many words have I typed with SwiftKey