Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

wolfgrrl

Swiftkey backup to CLOUD

Question

Now that SK has autotext shortcuts, I would love to see an evolution of SK to allow CLOUD backup of all our settings, including the autotext shortcuts. Whether a SK cloud or Google Drive, Dropbox, etc., having to re-enter all my autotext shortcuts after getting a new phone yesterday was time consuming. 

Any hope of this in the future? Thank you! 

3 answers to this question

Now that SK has autotext shortcuts, I would love to see an evolution of SK to allow CLOUD backup of all our settings, including the autotext shortcuts. Whether a SK cloud or Google Drive, Dropbox, etc., having to re-enter all my autotext shortcuts after getting a new phone yesterday was time consuming. 

Any hope of this in the future? Thank you! 

As far i know sk has thier own cloud service and it does do that

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

The auto-text shortcuts are not currently backed up to the cloud. However, I hope they are soon, I'm in the same boat! As the shortcuts are a newer feature I'm sure they are working on it, so just a bit more patience, and hopefully it will be fixed soon! Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the forums @wolfgrrl! Our Android team works very hard to bring the best product with the best features to you guys and gals!

Happy Typing!

This feels like it should go in the Feature Requests.

https://vip.swiftkey.com/index.php?/forum/901-feature-requests/

A big +1 for this though. Anytime I have to set up Swiftkey again, it takes a while for me to remember how I had every setting adjusted. I would love to just be able to sign-in with my google account and have it restore my settings and saved data.