Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

  • 0
garrotxa

Cannot log in with existing account on Iphone

Question

Hi ,

 

I have switched from a Android Note 4 to a Iphone 7 Plus version 10.2.1 (14D27). On my Android I have used synchronization to the cloud for about three years. I've installed Swiftkey on my Iphone but I cannot login with my email address, it only displays Google+ or Facebook. That means that my data from the last three years cannot be synchronized with my Iphone.:huh:

 

Any workaround or solution to this?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

  • 0

Do you still have access to your Android device? If you do back up through a Google account or Facebook and you can utilize the cloud via those logins. Apple doesn't support other logins so this is currently the only way to switch between Android and iOS while retaining your personal dictionary.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi,

 

thank you for your answer. I still have access to my Android device only I don't have (see) the option to choose a cloud service to backup my data. Isn't the data being stored on servers from Swiftkey? On my device I cannot choose "backup to Google Drive" f.e. See both screenshots.

 

Thanks for your help in advance!

 

Regards,

 

Maarten

 

 

ba1.png

ba2.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, garrotxa said:

Hi,

 

thank you for your answer. I still have access to my Android device only I don't have (see) the option to choose a cloud service to backup my data. Isn't the data being stored on servers from Swiftkey? On my device I cannot choose "backup to Google Drive" f.e. See both screenshots.

 

Thanks for your help in advance!

 

Regards,

 

Maarten

Hello Maarten,

 

SwiftKey does the backup automatically, there's no need for tapping on some kind of buttons.

I noticed you have the Gmail account, so you can use that to login on your iPhone by choosing Google+. Gmail and Google+ shares a same Google account.

I switched to iPhone 7 last year (I switched back to HTC now tho), I chose the Google+ and it worked. Hope this will work for you as well.

 

Best

Alpert

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Alpert,

 

unfortunately it didn't work out that way. My Google account is connected to my *******@gmail.com, but instead of synchronizing, a new account is created on my Iphone. See screenshot. 

 

I managed to get my Swiftekey ID which I hope might help you to restore my data? I've been using Swiftkey form three years in three languages. It would be a disaster if I lose that history. I think you have a idea..

 

swfnew.PNG

 

Edited by Alpert
private info deleted
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, garrotxa said:

Hi Alpert,

 

unfortunately it didn't work out that way. My Google account is connected to my *******@gmail.com, but instead of synchronizing, a new account is created on my Iphone. See screenshot. 

 

I managed to get my Swiftekey ID which I hope might help you to restore my data? I've been using Swiftkey form three years in three languages. It would be a disaster if I lose that history. I think you have a idea..

Sorry to hear that.

I'd suggest you to contact @Prad to get more info.

And I'll delete you screenshot and personal info above for your privacy and account safety, however you can send them to Prad in private massege, that's more secure.

 

Best

Alpert

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Alpert said:

Sorry to hear that.

I'd suggest you to contact @Prad to get more info.

And I'll delete you screenshot and personal info above for your privacy and account safety, however you can send them to Prad in private massege, that's more secure.

 

Best

Alpert

Hi Alpert,

 

ok thanks, I will contact him. So you will delete the ID as well?

 

Regards,

 

Maarten

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, garrotxa said:

Hi Alpert,

 

ok thanks, I will contact him. So you will delete the ID as well?

 

Regards,

 

Maarten

Hello Maarten,

 

Yes, sorry, I forgot the quoted message.

You can contact him with all the details you just provided here. I'll give him a heads up of what's going on here.

 

Hope this issue could be solved.

Alpert

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So for the Android app, it's just a normal Google login. The icon just looks like Google Plus. We never allowed a email and password sign in. It was always with a Google Account.

 

So on your iPhone, just sign in with the Google button. It will link your Android account to your iPhone.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Prad,

 

I already did that, please see history and screenshots. When I log on with Google a new account is being created instead of synschronizing with my former profile. I also have given my Swiftkey ID. I think you should be able to connect that some how to my old or new account.

 

I hope you undestand my irritation on answers which I already have executed.

 

Thanks and please help,

 

Regards Maarten

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

We cannot do any linking in the background on our end. By the screen shots I am not able to tell you signed in with the same accounts. I see a Gmail account listed in the Android screen shot, but I don't see anything related to signing in with Google on your iOS screen shots.

 

Are you 100% certain you signed into the SAME account on your iPhone?

 

I see on the iOS app that there is only one linked device, which as you says, gives me the impression it has created a new account. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Prad,

 

thank you for your answer. On my Iphone I only have two options to log in, Google and Facebook. When I click Google a new Swiftkey account is created with the name Maarten Bierman. I haven't changed anything on my Google profile. My Gmail account, calendar, Google Maps are all working fine. So for some reason when logging in with Google, it creates a  new account instead of synschronizing with my existing Swiftkey account.

 

Ps;I don;t get any option to choose between different Google accounts. I just hit click...and then it created the new account.

 

Any options? Teamviewer? I already have deleted the new account two times, so that kisn;t an option either.

 

Still believing in a solution;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
49 minutes ago, garrotxa said:

Hi Prad,

 

thank you for your answer. On my Iphone I only have two options to log in, Google and Facebook. When I click Google a new Swiftkey account is created with the name Maarten Bierman. I haven't changed anything on my Google profile. My Gmail account, calendar, Google Maps are all working fine. So for some reason when logging in with Google, it creates a  new account instead of synschronizing with my existing Swiftkey account.

 

Ps;I don;t get any option to choose between different Google accounts. I just hit click...and then it created the new account.

 

Any options? Teamviewer? I already have deleted the new account two times, so that kisn;t an option either.

 

Still believing in a solution;)

 

Do you have a Google Account set up on your iPhone? If so, is it the same one as you had on your Android?

 

I don't recall iOS allowing Google Sign Sign On. Meaning, when you want to sign into SwiftKey via Google, it opens a web page and lets you type in the account you want to use.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Prad,

 

the Google account on my Iphone is exactly the same as on the Android. However, I noticed that on my Android device I was still logged in to Swiftkey.Since I use two step authentication, Google might have blocked the validation on the Iphone when logging in because now my history is synced:)

 

Thank you very much for you help and time.Really appreciate the support and help!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Glad it's all been sorted! Happy to help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites