Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brendajos

Long press right parenthesis not working

Question

Not sure when it started but have noticed a couple of times this morning that the right parentheses on the letter L isn't working. Have to go into the symbols menu to use it. Thanks. 

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, brendajos said:

Not sure when it started but have noticed a couple of times this morning that the right parentheses on the letter L isn't working. Have to go into the symbols menu to use it. Thanks. 

Hello,

more details plz?

Alpert

Yes, having the same problem on this side. Long press will stop working making me have to stop swiftkey altogether and restarting it.

This applies when typing normal and say trying to add a parenthesis or something similar from the main keyboard.

5 hours ago, M3th0s said:

Yes, having the same problem on this side. Long press will stop working making me have to stop swiftkey altogether and restarting it.

This applies when typing normal and say trying to add a parenthesis or something similar from the main keyboard.

I can't reproduce it from the latest beta (6.5.3.21). And these parentheses are typed by long-press on the keys. 

Can you try a fresh install? If it's still happening after the reinstall, please provide us more information :

• SwiftKey version 
  • Android version 

Thanks

Alpert 

I've got sort of the same problem but with -  Haven't tried other symbols. Also a bug then try do add questionmark. 

1 minute ago, saibotb said:

I've got sort of the same problem but with -  Haven't tried other symbols. Also a bug then try do add questionmark. 

Hello, 

Have you read my reply above? 

Thanks 

Alpert 

3 hours ago, Alpert said:

Hello, 

Have you read my reply above? 

Thanks 

Alpert 

I have tried it, worked for about 2hrs and the the problem is back agian.

Using SwiftKey beta version 6.5.3.21

And android version 7.0

29 minutes ago, saibotb said:

I have tried it, worked for about 2hrs and the the problem is back agian.

Using SwiftKey beta version 6.5.3.21

And android version 7.0

I just checked with all android mod team members, they can't reproduce at all.

Can you upload a screen record video? With touch locations showed (android settings > developer options > show taps) of course.

If you can help, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Alpert

3 minutes ago, Alpert said:

I just checked with all android mod team members, they can't reproduce at all.

Can you upload a screen record video? With touch locations showed (android settings > developer options > show taps) of course.

If you can help, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Alpert

I will try to do this tomorrow, I can also add that I have the same problem with the same beta version on my tablet with Android 6.0.1

2 hours ago, saibotb said:

I will try to do this tomorrow, I can also add that I have the same problem with the same beta version on my tablet with Android 6.0.1

That's really strange. In our tester group, we have phone cover from 6.0.1 to 7.1.1, no one got this.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0