Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community

Welcome to SwiftKey VIP Community. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple, free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of SwiftKey VIP Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members

Prad

[Important] Changes to the VIP Community

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have some exciting news for you today! Read on...  

A few years ago, we added a User to User (U2U) section to our VIP Community. In this area, over 8,000 questions have been asked across the Android and iOS community. This means that thousands of people came to this community seeking help and were able to get answers to their questions from another member of the SwiftKey community. We're very proud of everyone that contributed to the success of this support community.  

As of Wednesday, February 15th, all changes mentioned below are effective. The VIP Forums will remain open and active until Monday, February 20th. After that, the forums will only be "view only" 

User to User Forums  

The U2U section was put in place to help with support while also bringing people together to help each other out. We are now taking a step forward and launching the next version of this community. Even though it's in a different location, the same level of dedication will be applied. The fantastic Mod team will transition with this move and be there to help any questions that you may have.   

Today, we're moving our U2U community to our support site. Now when you end up on our support site (which hopefully isn't too often) then search for your question, you'll be able to see knowledge base articles as well as answers and questions from the community. This keeps all relevant support-related content in the same area, allowing you to get in and out faster than ever. It also means that more people who are looking for help will find it all in one place.  

The U2U forums will remain open to look at for a few more days, but new content will not be able to be posted.   

I want to thank everyone who posted or answered a question in these forums over the years. It was thanks to all of you that our community was so awesome! Adding a big special thanks to the Mod team: AlpertBrandoberry, Subliminal5oh2driftinganomalyEeZeEpEe (retired),
LedsteplinIamdaymo & Martin23 for being the ones who were most on top of responding to your questions as soon as they could.  

Beta Forums  

The beta forums have also been moved to Zendesk. We have not created their own separate section. Post beta related questions in the general Android or iOS sections. The mod team & SwiftKey staff will be there to answer questions. If we feel things start to get too messy by combining beta and market support forums, we can create a specific beta one.   

Greenhouse Forums  

The Greenhouse forums will also be closed down. We have created a section for SwiftKey Symbols. The rest of the forums will not migrate over for the time being.   

What does this mean for the rest of the VIP Community? Great question! We have plans, and we'll be sending out more updates soon. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always post them here.  

Cheers,  

Ryan, SwiftKey Community Manager 

1 minute ago, Houston Texas said:

Nooooooo!

Rip Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Sadly, I don't think Tapatalk is supported on this new site. But we'll see what we can do about getting this set up in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Houston Texas said:

Nooooooo!

Rip Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

As a moderator, I was originally upset about this as well. I will say, however, that the mobile version of the Support site is very user friendly, and wonderfully formatted for mobile screens, so now instead of a third party app, you can use your favorite mobile browser to view, comment, and discuss different things over on the new U2U support site!

Thanks Ryan. 

As I always use Chrome to browse the forum, there won't be difficulties for me to switch. But I do see some webpage compatibility issues of the new community. Hope it could be better. 

Glad that I can help this great app and service! Applause for all MOD members! And thanks for the great support from all VIPs !

Alpert