SwiftKey Analytics - help improve SwiftKey

80 posts in this topic

Posted

EDIT: Due to the fact that SwiftKey Anayltics has now expired, the apk has been removed from this post. Thanks again to all who participated!

Dear VIPs,

We’re always looking for ways to improve the typing experience, and so we’re launching SwiftKey Analytics - an experimental new app just for VIPs that helps us improve by collecting useful anonymous mathematical data about how you interact with the keyboard.

SwiftKey Analytics has the same features as SwiftKey 3.0.1, so you can get access to the new themes etc. right now. The data we collect will be used to analyze typing habits and the ways you interact with SwiftKey’s predictions. To reiterate, all stats are anonymous and do not contain any of your inputted text.

We're not looking for feedback or bug reports, just for you to use this app in your everyday typing. - in fact we hope that you won't notice any differences at all. This app expires on September 25th, after which you can just go back to using your regular SwiftKey.

To say thanks for helping us out, 5 lucky SwiftKey VIPs will win some SwiftKey swag. Just download the APK and use "Contact Us" within the app to say "I want to help SwiftKey and win some SwiftKey swag".

Thanks for your help and co-operation to make SwiftKey even better.

Evan

Posted

Contact us

Posted

Hello,

Impossible to install : error message during install process : message "Pb during analysis of the package" (nota : translated from french error message : "Pb pendant l'analyse de l'ensemble").

My config is Galaxy S3, Android v4.1.1

Best.

David.

Posted

BTW, when offering a download link in your forum, could you offer a flash code or QR code generated with the download link, or any other way to make it easier to install on mobile device ;-)

Thanks

Posted

I am pleased to be able to help. A tablet version for analytics would be nice too. In the meantime I'll just use the phone app on my Nexus 7.

Posted

BTW, when offering a download link in your forum, could you offer a flash code or QR code generated with the download link, or any other way to make it easier to install on mobile device ;)

Thanks

i (automatically rule based...) upload it to my dropbox and then download it on my phone again. you could try that.

Posted

Had no problem downloading the APK. It took me no more than two mins to get it all set up. I've been using SwiftKey keyboard from the beginning when it was only beta and threw five devices and love it. I got my fiance and daughter to use SwiftKey and they love it to. Thanks SwiftKey team for all the hard work you put into making SwiftKey the best keyboard out there.

Sent via RAZR MAXX VZW EDITION

Posted

Good work.

Posted

Works fine, hopefully you guys gets all the data to make this keyboard even better. But really guys? Swag? Sigh...

Posted

Please come up with a tablet version?

Posted

Any reason why there isn't a tablet version?

Works fine, hopefully you guys gets all the data to make this keyboard even better. But really guys? Swag? Sigh...

I believe they're using swag as an abbreviation for Stuff We All Get and not whatever those scumball kids use it as.

Posted

It is made, installed and transmitting. Terrific job! Fluid and comfortable in my G-NEX with Jelly Bean... Love the new themes!

Keep it up! and thanks for the opportunity.

Posted

BTW, when offering a download link in your forum, could you offer a flash code or QR code generated with the download link, or any other way to make it easier to install on mobile device ;-)

Thanks

I just clicked on the .zip attached and downloaded it then installed.

Posted

Done, from Portugal.

Posted

Sounds great, glad to help.

Posted

how can i contact us?

Posted

Sounds like a good idea to improve SwiftKey and fun to be able to help out! :)

Posted

thanks for the opportunity to give back a little

Posted

Why didn't this pull settings from my existing Swiftkey?

And couldn't this sort of thing be a plug in instead of an entirely new keyboard?

Two 15 megabyte keyboards puts a lot of stress on some phones with limited memory, and since this is a short term install it is impractical to un-install the regular one.

Posted

how can i contact us?

Just press the Options key (long press 123), choose "Support" and then "Contact us", this will send an email with some data for your device.

Posted

Hi VIPs,

For anyone having difficulty finding 'Contact Us' to enter the SwiftKey Swag giveaway, here's a tip:

Once you've downloaded SwiftKey Analytics, longpress your <123> key in the lower left of your keyboard to access SwiftKey's settings. Then select Settings > Support > Contact Us. In the body of your email, include the text "I want to help SwiftKey and win some SwiftKey swag." Doing so will enter you in the giveaway.

I hope that helps.

Thanks again for your participation!

Evan

Posted

I hope my data is useful. Just flashed a new rom, and was about to install SwiftKey when news of this came to my email. Great timing!

Posted

Any reason why there isn't a tablet version?

I believe they're using swag as an abbreviation for Stuff We All Get and not whatever those scumball kids use it as.

Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't know that abbreviation. I hope you're right ;-)

Posted

I have tried multiple times to set up personalization for Gmail and it fails every time. Any ideas? Facebook, twitter and sms all work fine.

By the way, predictions on this are better than they were previously. Great job.

Posted

If I use this for a while will I be able to transfer the data back to the non-beta version? That's part of the reason I stopped using so many of the betas is that I would get really good accuracy until it expored at which point I couldn't transfer the words and data back to the non-beta Swiftkey.