Welcome to SwiftKey Insiders Community

What Is SwiftKey Insiders?

SwiftKey Insiders is an exclusive community where you get to test new and unreleased projects & features.

Why Should I Join?

We are looking for people like you, who like using SwiftKey and want to help make SwiftKey and any future SwiftKey products better for you. Everyone's opinions matter equally here!

If you are an existing member, read this post on how to apply

Prad

What would you like to share from your keyboard?

On 11/3/2017 at 7:36 PM, Yash said:

Can you add some mini games right into the keyboard? I know it's weird but it's just a suggestion. Actually I have sometimes a very long conversation or sometimes have to wait for something to get answered in a group where you have 100+ members. So having mini games right into the keyboard will help to pass some time without actually leaving the chat. What do other members think about this?

Interesting, this is something I have not thought about. Would you prefer we partner with game makers and have them work within the keyboard, or would we create some other interesting word based/typing based games?

Partnering with game makers would be good. But again I would prefer to create them yourself as you would have a better control over it.

add some mini games right into the keyboard

I think that would be fun, my only concern is the bloatware factor. You could increase the overall performance of SK with the introduction of this feature and keyboard warriors everywhere would still scream bloatware.

3 minutes ago, thoughtjunky said:

I think that would be fun, my only concern is the bloatware factor. You could increase the overall performance of SK with the introduction of this feature and keyboard warriors everywhere would still scream bloatware.

This is true, it's a fine line. We're already getting bloatware comments for adding GIFs and such. Yet, this is basically how the landscape is moving with keyboards. To a platform, not just a utility. 

We have some solid performance work underway right now. We should see some benefits of this soon. 

56 minutes ago, Yash said:

So is this idea applicable? :unsure:

We can never guarantee any features. But all suggestions are taken into consideration. I think this is a little beyond our scope for now, but who knows what the future holds. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Tamayo Ortega said:

How about sharing the current screenshot? 

What exactly do you mean?

Want to provide some context?

What was this make easier for you versus what your device is already capable of doing?

13 hours ago, Prad said:

What exactly do you mean?

Want to provide some context?

What was this make easier for you versus what your device is already capable of doing?

Let's say you're in an app and you want to share what you're seeing. Wouldn't it be great to have a keyboard shortcut or gesture to immediately capture the screen and share it in the running app or in other apps through the default sharing selector dialog? It would automate the screen capture process + reduce  the steps required to share.