Welcome to SwiftKey Insiders Community

Hello, 

This Community has moved over to a new site. To become a SwiftKey Insider apply by clicking the link below

Apply Here

Cheers, 

Ryan, SwiftKey Community Manager 

Prad

[Bi-weekly Discussion] What is your favorite email app & why?

Hey folks,

What is your favorite email client/app and why? Maybe you have two, one for work and one for personal?

I love Inbox and use it for personal only. I don't think it works well for work needs (at least for me).

I recently started using Outlook & by recently I mean I downloaded it last night. It is slick in how it integrates the calendar right into it, but it's lacking a few things I really liked about Gmail.

- I can't easily delete an email from the notification (there's no setting for this)

- I can't one touch mark an email as unread (I have to hit the overflow menu then mark as unread). I use this feature a lot, so having it as a one touch is great.

- How they show threaded emails is also not as clean and clear as Gmail

Just my .02

What are your thoughts?

Best,

Ryan

Always Inbox by Gmail.

Clean, good-looking interface, beautiful transition animations, and pull out key info from email (train ticket, delivery, etc), I love that.

I have number of email accounts that I use for different purposes but they are all forwarded to my Gmail account.  It works the best on Android imo. 

1. Airmail: Super customizable.
  2. Spark: Slick UI & Smart Inbox
  3. Unibox: they different approach to email, you can check/manage/answer your email like a text messaging app. it's based on the people not subjects.
  4. Polymail: They took great stuff from different places and mix it together. A Combination of Sparrow, Mailbox, Airmail, Outlook for iOS. it's in beta & not released yet, but has the potential to be best iOS mail client.

12 hours ago, Shaw said:
  1. Airmail: Super customizable.
  2. Spark: Slick UI & Smart Inbox
  3. Unibox: they different approach to email, you can check/manage/answer your email like a text messaging app. it's based on the people not subjects.
  4. Polymail: They took great stuff from different places and mix it together. A Combination of Sparrow, Mailbox, Airmail, Outlook for iOS. it's in beta & not released yet, but has the potential to be best iOS mail client.

Unibox sounds slick.

I like how companies are trying to change email, but I personally don't think it's a massively broken system. It's pretty simple and just works. There is no harm is having some super nice UI though.

People will also want different needs with personal and work emails.

I love Inbox for personal email. it surfaces information, shows me pretty photos of trips I have, shows me notifications about items I've ordered online. 

Still getting used to Outlook.