Welcome to SwiftKey Insiders Community

This community has now become "SwiftKey Insiders" - built around SwiftKey users who want to help shape the future of SwiftKey products from the ground up. 

This is not a support community. If you are looking for general support, feedback and feature requests, please visit our support site here.

Note: this community is only available for SwiftKey for Android at this time

But if you would like to join our iOS or Windows lists to be notified when we launch on these platforms, please let us know.

Sign up here if you're interested in:

• Seeing early designs
  • Playing with prototypes
  • Taking surveys 
  • Giving thoughtful honest feedback

Prad

Announcing SwiftKey Insiders Community

Hello everyone,

SwiftKey has always been very interested in getting feedback from our community. There was once upon a time a private beta community helping test SwiftKey before the official launch. In fact, this was the genesis of the VIP forum. 

Since SwiftKey's inception, we've had a range of beta programs: public, to private, to very private. Now that SwiftKey for Android beta is completely open (and listed in the Play Store) that community and feedback has moved over to our support forums. We felt like this just made the most sense. 

What do we do with this forum then, you say? 

Launch A New Community - Of Course

Keeping the spirit of this forum's creation alive - testing and early feedback - we are proud to announce the launch of SwiftKey Insiders. Wait, hold on a second...SwiftKey Insiders, you say? Sounds a lot like Windows Insiders? Well you're right, it is a very similar program. If you missed it, SwiftKey was acquired by Microsoft in early 2016 - that is part of the reason why we are using the SwiftKey Insiders name; plus it also rolls off the tongue nicely.

What Is SwiftKey Insiders?

SwiftKey Insiders is designed to be a smaller community focused on giving feedback on new projects we are working on. (more on this later) Since this is a smaller community, there will be emphasis on quality. What do you mean by quality? We want members to be very active and engage with us and other members regularly. We don't want this to be a chore, this should be a fun and enjoyable experience.

How or why would it be fun? We're glad you asked.

Why Should I Join?

We are looking for people who like using SwiftKey and want to help make SwiftKey and any future SwiftKey products better for yourself and everyone else who uses them. How? By providing your honest and thoughtful feedback via the projects that we share with you. While we know that many of you who identify as "power users" and early adopters enjoy beta testing apps, we also hope that some of you who just use your phone a lot will want to participate as well. Everyone's opinions matter equally here!

What Are These Projects?

We will be sharing a range of different projects through this community. They will be based on features and products that are currently in development and we want to get community feedback on how to fine-tune them and make them better before they get a full rollout. 

Here are some examples of the types of projects you'd see:

• Mockups
  • Early designs
  • Surveys (most likely lots of them)
  • Polls
  • Prototypes
    • Virtual
    • APKs

Trust and Validation

Since this community is going to be focused around unreleased features and products, there needs to be a level of trust here. If you decide to signup - we do ask you quite a few questions to get to know you a little better and why you want to join. You'll also be required to sign an NDA. 

Supported Platforms

Sounds great, how do I join? This community is currently only open to Android users. if you do use iOS or Windows, feel to sign up in the event that we open this program to support additional platforms.

If this sounds like something that interests you, sign up using the signup button.

Current SwiftKey Community Member

If you are already have an account on this forum and are interested in joining this new community. There are a few things to do to apply for this community. You'll need to update your profile and some Account Settings.

Note: these changes cannot be done via Tapatalk. You will need to make these changes via a browser

Here are the things you will need to edit - this information will remain private

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 10.05.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-01 at 10.04.02 AM.png

On Mobile

• Click the hamburger menu on the top right
  • Click Account
  • Click "Profile"
    • Fill out all the mandatory fields - there are a handful of them
      • All of this information is needed
      • Hit Save
  • Go back to Account
  • Click on Account Settings
  • Click on "Settings Area" (it's a grey box)
  • Click on "Change Group"
    • Click on the the boxes of things that you are interested in
    • Save

On Desktop

• Click on your Profile photo in the top right
  • Click on Profile
    • Answer all the required questions
    • Hit save
  • Click back on your profile photo
  • Go to Account Settings
  • Change Groups
    • Click on the boxes of things that you are interested in
    • Save

Once you have taken those two actions, send me a PM letting me know you are done and we'll take the next steps. 

Cheers,

Ryan, SwiftKey Community Manager

I would love to help you improve Swiftkey especially regardless arabic language

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Briankbl said:

Is this taking place over VIP 2.0?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It's the same thing. VIP 2.0 was just the placeholder name. SwiftKey Insiders is the official name. 

5 hours ago, Houston Texas said:

Hello?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PM coming your way!

For anyone else that is interested. Send me PM to get things started. 

@briankbl, 

I didn't get a pm. Go edit your profile and fill out all the missing fields. Then send me a pm when you're done with that. 

I have updated the post with more detailed instructions on what exactly to do and change before sending me a PM.

Thanks. 

@briankbl, 

I didn't get a pm. Go edit your profile and fill out all the missing fields. Then send me a pm when you're done with that. 

I updated my profile and sent pm!

16 hours ago, Briankbl said: Is this taking place over VIP 2.0?

It's the same thing. VIP 2.0 was just the placeholder name. SwiftKey Insiders is the official name. 

So does this mean that the people from SwiftKey VIP 2.0 are already SwiftKey Insiders?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel XL mit Tapatalk

I'm using the Tapatalk app. Not possible to make those changes

@briankbl,   

I updated my profile and sent pm!

How do you update your profile. I'm using the Tapatalk app.

1 hour ago, Houston Texas said:

I'm using the Tapatalk app. Not possible to make those changes

How do you update your profile. I'm using the Tapatalk app.

Hi,

I suggest you to do it on mobile browser (Chrome, for example), or on a desktop. I doubt Tapatalk supports deep settings like these.

Best

Alpert

6 minutes ago, Alpert said:
Hi,

I suggest you to do it on mobile browser (Chrome, for example), or on a desktop. I doubt Tapatalk supports deep settings like these.

Best

Alpert

Thanks. I've taken care of it already

I have updated the post with more detailed instructions on what exactly to do and change before sending me a PM.

Thanks. 

Send you pm hope you get it?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Just now, Houston Texas said:

Thanks. I've taken care of it already

Well done! Should be an insider soon. Good luck!

I have made some changes to this post to make it more clear what this new community is about and how to get involved.

SwiftKey VIP 2.0 is the same thing as SwiftKey Insiders - so if you were already a part of SwiftKey VIP 2.0 and participated in projects, then you are already good. I would highly suggested you still go edit your profile and account preferences to make sure we have all the right information for you. 

Also as mentioned, this level of editing cannot be done with tapatalk. You will need to go on a mobile browser.