Welcome to SwiftKey Insiders Community

This community has now become "SwiftKey Insiders" - built around SwiftKey users who want to help shape the future of SwiftKey products from the ground up. 

This is not a support community. If you are looking for general support, feedback and feature requests, please visit our support site here.

Note: this community is only available for SwiftKey for Android at this time

But if you would like to join our iOS or Windows lists to be notified when we launch on these platforms, please let us know.

Sign up here if you're interested in:

• Seeing early designs
  • Playing with prototypes
  • Taking surveys 
  • Giving thoughtful honest feedback

expose11    2

I am so confused why anyone would think this is a good idea. Swype has been around and is a solid keyboard for those that like it. I hate it. Which is why I use SwiftKey. No one does prediction better. Its a clean well constructed keyboard. It is not Swype. Don't make it act like Swype. Stupid, Stupid idea.

thyttel    7

I am so confused why anyone would think this is a good idea. Swype has been around and is a solid keyboard for those that like it. I hate it. Which is why I use SwiftKey. No one does prediction better. Its a clean well constructed keyboard. It is not Swype. Don't make it act like Swype. Stupid, Stupid idea.

That's your opinion, Swype has only gone down hill and is not very good anymore after they were sold. Swype don't give a rat's ass anymore what the users want.

I can only see positive things coming out of swift key making this keyboard the way it's ment to be with prediction like no other keyboard

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk2

btt8    1

Gimme gimme gimme.

Swiftkey prediction doesn't work with Chrome so I usually have to revert over to Swype to take care of business. Now that it's being combined, I don't ever see a need to ever leave my phone alone ever again.

Rainvibe    0
It's far from stupid, simply a better and faster way to use the best and fastest predictive text keyboard that is Swiftkey. I am using Swype because it swipes and don't use the most prehistoric way to type ever, using two thumbs to write is like being keyboard deficient stuck writing with two indexes. Its about time Swiftkey got to this century.

skraggy    2

Not stupid. The beauty is you don't have to use it if you don't want to use the flow. It still works as aa regular keyboard. On Swype II switch between both methods often. Flow will likely finally get me to come back to SwiftKey.

rosco    0

Ive been using the new touchpal since it was released in beta. I think Flow will give it a real run for the money. Touchpal predictions arent nearly as good as swiftkeys. And the option to type or swype brings the best of both worlds. Don't want to swype, type as usual.

igorb81    0

This is not stupid at all. I have been waiting for this for a long time and SwiftKey finally listened. I can't wait to use this. Sometimes it's a lot easier to slide your finger instead of typing. I run into those situations. I have tried TouchPal V5 and it's not bad but SwiftKey prediction is still better and I really missed gesture to delete words. So I came back to SwiftKey since TouchPal didn't really listen to users much.

So... Yeah. I can't wait! I'm ready to test it.

dscribe    0

The only thing I don't like is the "a new approach to Android typing" statement.

I'm sorry, but Swype, which does exactly the same thing, has been here for years.

No, this will do gesture keyboard like Swype does with the addition of the Swiftkey prediction engine which brings a new dimension to typing that we've not had before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rosco    0

This is not stupid at all. I have been waiting for this for a long time and SwiftKey finally listened. I can't wait to use this. Sometimes it's a lot easier to slide your finger instead of typing. I run into those situations. I have tried TouchPal V5 and it's not bad but SwiftKey prediction is still better and I really missed gesture to delete words. So I came back to SwiftKey since TouchPal didn't really listen to users much.

So... Yeah. I can't wait! I'm ready to test it.

the gesture to delete words is there in TPv5. Start with the backspace key, and swype to the left.