Welcome to SwiftKey Insiders Community

This community has now become "SwiftKey Insiders" - built around SwiftKey users who want to help shape the future of SwiftKey products from the ground up. 

This is not a support community. If you are looking for general support, feedback and feature requests, please visit our support site here.

Note: this community is only available for SwiftKey for Android at this time

But if you would like to join our iOS or Windows lists to be notified when we launch on these platforms, please let us know.

Sign up here if you're interested in:

• Seeing early designs
  • Playing with prototypes
  • Taking surveys 
  • Giving thoughtful honest feedback

tysonsnow

SwiftKey Flow (beta) for Tablets

I'm really excited to try out Flow once it is ready for beta release. I signed up immediately upon receiving the announcement email. My question is whether there is a separate sign-up procedure for those of us who want to beta test the tablet version. Do I need to get on a different list or was providing my email on the original sign-up page sufficient to get me beta access to both the phone version and the tablet version?

Thanks again for making such a great product. Best keyboard around IMO. Can't wait to try the newest features.

-Tyson-

If this is swiftkeys version of swipe. Stop. Stop now. Fix the issues with the split key keyboard on the galaxy note as the keyboard is unusable in landscape mode. Then you can get back the copying that other keyboard from a few years back that never really took off.

I've been using both SwiftKey and Swype on my Galaxy Note 10.1. I understand that many people don't like to use swype on a tablet, but I don't know... It just feels right with a stylus pen. It's even faster than write a word with a real pen. I'm really excited to see how good it will be this technological merge.

I would like to know when come Swiftkey flow? do you know? soon? is available for us the beta version?

If you are a VIP, we be sure to send you an email when you will be able to test it.

Hey Tapper - a few of us are rather impatiently waiting.. any news to appease us? :P

I too would like the test any tablet and phone version..

(any chance of a red theme, too? I raised this on the halloween post on facebook.. A Red flow would look rather ghoulish too.. ;) )

One thought on the tablet version. I've used SlideIT on my 7" tablet and not liked it in landscape mode, because my finger just has to travel too far (especially compared to thumb typing on a split keyboard). I can't imagine it on a 10" tablet. It might be nice to have a one-corner-only layout for SwiftKey Flow to avoid that problem.

One thought on the tablet version. I've used SlideIT on my 7" tablet and not liked it in landscape mode, because my finger just has to travel too far (especially compared to thumb typing on a split keyboard). I can't imagine it on a 10" tablet. It might be nice to have a one-corner-only layout for SwiftKey Flow to avoid that problem.

I was about to offer up this very same suggestion. Even on a 7" tablet like the Nexus, swiping in landscape mode is just a little too onerous.

I just downloaded the flow keyboard, it doesn't work at all on my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab. But that's ok I don't really want to use that kind keyboard on my tab. I just though I would try it out, I'm going to go to the phone thread and post there for my phone. But it works fine on my Galaxy S3.

Hey Tapper - a few of us are rather impatiently waiting.. any news to appease us? :-P

Alakazaam Alakazoo. News! We look forward to hearing your feedback in the appropriate subforums. =)

I just downloaded the flow keyboard, it doesn't work at all on my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab. But that's ok I don't really want to use that kind keyboard on my tab. I just though I would try it out, I'm going to go to the phone thread and post there for my phone. But it works fine on my Galaxy S3.

It's a Known Issue that our Flow functionality only works in portrait mode on tablets at this time.

It's a Known Issue that our Flow functionality only works in portrait mode on tablets at this time.

not exactly... I'm typing this from a 7 inch allwinner a13 cheap tablet, and SwiftKey flows in landscape as well

however flow is very slow on this one (dual core processor, Mali 400 GPU, 512 RAM) but that's not a big surprise

I've installed the tablet version of beta

Concorde Tab One-r

not exactly... I'm typing this from a 7 inch allwinner a13 cheap tablet, and SwiftKey flows in landscape as well

I've installed the tablet version of beta

Concorde Tab One-ról küldve

That may be some exception to the rule for one reason or another. There are thousands of devices out there.

I have Swift Key for my phone.Still stock for my tablet. I heard about flow and would like to test it but is better to go stable first? I'm at the point where my tablet keyboard needs some better on it