Welcome to SwiftKey Insiders Community

This community has now become "SwiftKey Insiders" - built around SwiftKey users who want to help shape the future of SwiftKey products from the ground up. 

This is not a support community. If you are looking for general support, feedback and feature requests, please visit our support site here.

Note: this community is only available for SwiftKey for Android at this time

But if you would like to join our iOS or Windows lists to be notified when we launch on these platforms, please let us know.

Sign up here if you're interested in:

• Seeing early designs
  • Playing with prototypes
  • Taking surveys 
  • Giving thoughtful honest feedback

Utkarsh

Kii

Utkarsh    2

Hey guys has anyone checked out the new Kii keyboard. It is fast, accurate, highly customizable, has gesture typing and plus it is in beta state so it will only get better and better. I really recommend trying it at least once.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zl.inputmethod.latin&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS56bC5pbnB1dG1ldGhvZC5sYXRpbiJd

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

TreyuD    1

I will check it out. Downloading right now. Hope it is good, cause it combines all languages I need. (German, English, Chinese, Japanese)

Edit:

Okay. Just tried it a bit. And it just feels off. At first I don't like the look of the keyboard. And the overall feel isn't quite right for me. As a pro: it is highly customizable.

Edited by TreyuD

fed123    2

I have been using it a lot primarily because it has arrow keys that can be used on a tablet. The only thing I would like it to have is an ability to flow through the space bar. For me the Kii keyboard is the top competitor to flow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

TimeBomb    1

I have been using it a lot primarily because it has arrow keys that can be used on a tablet. The only thing I would like it to have is an ability to flow through the space bar. For me the Kii keyboard is the top competitor to flow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I would very much so agree with this.

The accuracy when gesture typing with Kii seems to be slightly better than what I get with Flow currently. It also has a bit more customizability.

I also like that it doesn't put a space right after you've typed a new word with gesture typing. And the gesture typing works anywhere, which is one of Flow's biggest flaws currently.

It also uses the Swype-like functionality of scribbling on the current letter to make a word with two of those letters, e.g. so you can differentiate between "to" and "too".

mrmond    0

I like that is has a number pad in the split landscape. It works well and proves that having it on the nexus 7 is NOT cramped.

hell, you can even have it split with a number pad in portrait mode and swipe words if you want without the numbers. interfering.

fifield    100

First impression, it's exactly like 4.2 keyboard but with options for pretty much anything you'd want. Can't go far wrong there.

Seems really promising, but I'm not really a fan of 4.2 myself.

EeZeEpEe    638

First impression, it's exactly like 4.2 keyboard but with options for pretty much anything you'd want. Can't go far wrong there.

Seems really promising, but I'm not really a fan of 4.2 myself.

Couldn't have summed it up any better. It definitely has the 4.2 look, feel, and sound but with much more. It's like 4.2 on type enhancing drugs! lol. I think I'll give this a try for a few days as well.

Themetnut1    5

I an currently trying out this keyboard and so far I do enjoy the customization that it brings. I don't think the predictions are quite up to par with swype or swiftkey but it has potential for sure. I do like the number row and the fact that you can change the long press duration as well. I'll try this out for a little while longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

amithrichard    22

I an currently trying out this keyboard and so far I do enjoy the customization that it brings. I don't think the predictions are quite up to par with swype or swiftkey but it has potential for sure. I do like the number row and the fact that you can change the long press duration as well. I'll try this out for a little while longer.

It's a keyboard released a month back. With that they've Brought the predictions and accuracy matchable to swiftkey or swype. It might be a great competitor in few months. Developers must be very good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

EeZeEpEe    638

It's a keyboard released a month back. With that they've Brought the predictions and accuracy matchable to swiftkey or swype. It might be a great competitor in few months. Developers must be very good.

Only been on it for a day but so far the next word predictions are getting there but not nearly as good as SwiftKey. Tapping wise it feels like SwiftKey on rapid mode. And gesture wise I feel like I have to correct it more often than Flow. I'll keep using it through the weekend. All the customizing is a huge plus though. You can even take fonts from apps.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

amithrichard    22

Only been on it for a day but so far the next word predictions are getting there but not nearly as good as SwiftKey. Tapping wise it feels like SwiftKey on rapid mode. And gesture wise I feel like I have to correct it more often than Flow. I'll keep using it through the weekend. All the customizing is a huge plus though. You can even take fonts from apps.

With their first release they've Brought something which can compete with the best in the market. They have a bright future if they improve their predictions and flow suggestions. Kii keyboard is a great one to look out for this year. Watch out swiftkey flow! U got another competitor.

EeZeEpEe    638

Yeah. It's the new find in the market. What's more? It's free of cost

Copied and pasted your post from the other thread since it really applies to this one. It's free of cost for now. There's a notice that all the premium options are free while in beta.

amithrichard    22

Copied and pasted your post from the other thread since it really applies to this one. It's free of cost for now. There's a notice that all the premium options are free while in beta.

Yeah. It gives hell lot of customization options which makes it worth to buy post beta. It's got 4.5 or something in play store and with few weeks of release and less marketing it has got lots of attention with quite a good amount of fan following and downloads. That'll help them come up. Swiftkey was the same when they launched first

EeZeEpEe    638

So I used Kii keyboard for 4 days and here's my thoughts about it. I was correcting gestures much more than SKF. I guess seeing word correction suggestions first was a good thing in this case but then when the three words shown weren't right, having to long press and search through a huge 15 word list was very time consuming. And tap typing, it couldn't predict current and especially next words as good as SwiftKey Flow. And when I was off with learned words by one letter, I couldn't get the right one even after long pressing. I love all the customizations and would love some kind of "Advanced Mode" for SKF to get to have all that. All those nice looks and sounds doesn't make up for the previous things mentioned.

Side note: Uses around 35 MBs of RAM with only English.

Themetnut1    5

I agree, there are a lot of customization options, but the predictions have a long way to go. I love the competition, and kii keyboard is off to a good start, but unfortunately it has a ways to go.

nquateman    5

I agree with your comments. Here's my thoughts.

Where Kii seems better than SK Flow:

- Arrow keys on tablet

- Text shortcuts (this is a big deal for me)

- Editable dictionary

- Predictions available in more fields

- Configurable keyboard size in landscape or portrait on a tablet

- It's really easy to change keyboards (long press space).

- Extremely useful screen to facilitate moving the cursor and selecting text.

Where Kii seems not as good as SK Flow:

- Flexibility on cursor placement after a gesture (ie, flow)

- You must select a suggested word in order to see the Prediction for the next word (that's an extra tap in many cases)

- The suggested words often seem weird, to me. E. g., if it thought I was entering 'gong', you'd think it might suggest 'going' (which was my intention), but no.

NeilQ using Tapatalk

Hasuris    9

At the moment I prefer Kii over Flow. It's pretty good but after a few days, some things annoy me:

- If I want to gesture "du" for example, sometimes it thinks I meant "di", there is no such word in german.This happens fairly often

- Some words with umlauts are impossible to gesture. "böse" for example, even after adding to the directory cannot be gestured. Kii doesn't handle words with "umlauts" very well

- I can add words to the userdirectory and they show up in the correctionbar but Kii doesn't learn to prefer words I use often over words I never use

- Blacklisting words doesn't work

EeZeEpEe    638

At the moment I prefer Kii over Flow. It's pretty good but after a few days, some things annoy me:

- If I want to gesture "du" for example, sometimes it thinks I meant "di", there is no such word in german.This happens fairly often

- Some words with umlauts are impossible to gesture. "böse" for example, even after adding to the directory cannot be gestured. Kii doesn't handle words with "umlauts" very well

- I can add words to the userdirectory and they show up in the correctionbar but Kii doesn't learn to prefer words I use often over words I never use

- Blacklisting words doesn't work

You said you preferred Kii over SwiftKey Flow but you're listing what's wrong with Kii. How about listing why you prefer it over Flow.

ithehappy    9

I still have Kii installed. I liked it for first few times, then I saw an awkward thing. Try swiping 'bad', you'll have 'had' on many occasions, even if you never touch the letter 'h'.

I've tried to reproduce the same in Swype 1.40, and Samsung's Stock keyboard, and not for a single time I was able to. So that was it.

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100

Hasuris    9

You said you preferred Kii over SwiftKey Flow but you're listing what's wrong with Kii. How about listing why you prefer it over Flow.

Cause I don't have to hit backspace all the time to see three alternatives, that are often wrong. Leaving me typing the word anyway... Kii is far from perfect but less frustrating to use than Flow right now.

EeZeEpEe    638

Cause I don't have to hit backspace all the time to see three alternatives, that are often wrong. Leaving me typing the word anyway... Kii is far from perfect but less frustrating to use than Flow right now.

Your gestures must be pretty off cause more often than not I get the right alternatives just fine.

Hasuris    9

My gestures aren't off. I don't like, how you spam in every topic, where Flow is criticized, that it's the fault of the user. Maybe it works for you, but for other people it doesn't. Accept that.

For me and in german, Flow is a pain, I need fast correction, With some keyboards more, with others less. Only little changes could make flow a real contender for the best keyboard.

EeZeEpEe    638

My gestures aren't off. I don't like, how you spam in every topic, where Flow is criticized, that it's the fault of the user. Maybe it works for you, but for other people it doesn't. Accept that.

For me and in german, Flow is a pain, I need fast correction, With some keyboards more, with others less. Only little changes could make flow a real contender for the best keyboard.

I'm not spamming. Sorry if I reply a lot but many times (not all the time) people's issues aren't actual bugs. I like to give tips, help, and give my opinions too. Just like for me Kii needed more correcting than Flow. I've critiqued Flow as well and have my reservations about what it needs to improve on. In your case, then maybe it's more of a language specific issue. It's my fault for assuming you're typing in English as I can't see that info while in Tapatalk. My bad for suggesting it's your gestures. :)

Tapper    2,324

Both Kii and our Beta have opportunities for improvement. No finger pointing at anyone in particular, but let's all remember that this is a group experience with many different opinions. If there are additional concerns in that regard please contact me via Private Message. I'd like us all defer to courtesy and respect before all else.

Thanks very much.

Evan