Welcome to SwiftKey Insiders Community

This community has now become "SwiftKey Insiders" - built around SwiftKey users who want to help shape the future of SwiftKey products from the ground up. 

This is not a support community. If you are looking for general support, feedback and feature requests, please visit our support site here.

Note: this community is only available for SwiftKey for Android at this time

But if you would like to join our iOS or Windows lists to be notified when we launch on these platforms, please let us know.

Sign up here if you're interested in:

• Seeing early designs
  • Playing with prototypes
  • Taking surveys 
  • Giving thoughtful honest feedback

ragalthar

Will there ever be a SwiftKey for iOS?

ragalthar    2

I love your app on my Nexus 10 tablet and used it on couple of Android phones. Now I bought an iPhone 4S and am asking myself of you'll wver release this great app for iOS devices. Would be thankful for a short answer from the developers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

EeZeEpEe    638

Not a developer but the real question is will iOS support real 3rd party keyboards? The way I've seen it is you can have a different keyboard in an app but not system wide. So it's just a big clipboard app basically.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

EeZeEpEe    638

Apple said with iOS 7 they opened more API, but I'm not sure whether keyboard API included on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I remember reading that as one of the rumored possible changes to iOS 7 before it was revealed. That's probably the most common thing I've heard people miss going from Android to iOS or those that use both.

grdanes    100

I remember reading that as one of the rumored possible changes to iOS 7 before it was revealed. That's probably the most common thing I've heard people miss going from Android to iOS or those that use both.

that would be a nice addition for sure

demlasjr    33

Not sure Apple will do it, because all the 'security' they are trying to add in their ecosystem (and then, each month we hear about a security breach in iOS). I can't understand why you guys like the iPhone. I consider is the most boring phone in the world.

However would be a great addition to have SwiftKey for every OS, like IOS, Android, BlackBerry, Ubuntu, so everybody being covered.

Sent from my GT-I9505 32GB black using Tapatalk HD

demlasjr    33

tons of android phone users have ipads, ergo the desire senor demlasjr :)

Well, I'm not including the iPads because are tablets and aren't that bad, but I would still prefer a Samsung Tab or a Nexus :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 32GB black using Tapatalk HD

Tapper    2,324

iOS doesn't presently allow for the installation of third party keyboards. We're not presently investigating the "jailbroken devices only option". That said, we're interested in the possibility of bringing our technology to other platforms in the future.

EeZeEpEe    638

Thanks for your statement. What will happen when iOS 7 allows the installation?

When? They would be surprising because with all the beta builds that have been out, no one has mentioned 3rd party keyboards being added.

EeZeEpEe    638

But we know for sure on 18th, when the New iOS is officially releaed, right?

Yes it's the 18th but they mentioned nothing new yesterday for iOS 7. They even sped through that part of the presentation because they had said everything in a previous keynote already.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

Tapper    2,324

Any future plans for iOS opening their IME (keyboard) are unfortunately purely conjecture to those not working for Apple. Unless there is solid and reliable evidence that states otherwise, we're in a bit of a holding pattern. We're interested in the possibility of bringing our technology to other platforms in the future, but I believe that saying that it's only a question of "when" Apple will open up their keyboard is happily hopeful, but not accurate.

ragalthar    2

[...] I believe that saying that it's only a question of "when" Apple will open up their keyboard is happily hopeful, but not accurate.

Luckily since today we know for sure that 3rd party keyboards will be available with iOS 8

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

grdanes    100

I'm excited for the opportunity swiftkey has with the apple opening..I feel like a swiftkey stakeholder lol... I'm sure they are going to blow it out of the water. For selfish reasons, I can't wait to be able to use swiftkey on the apple products I own

Tapper    2,324

Hi all,

We're very happy to report that at WWDC this past week, Apple announced that third-party keyboards will be able to be installed in iOS 8. As a result, we've announced that we've already started working on it.

Read here for more information:

http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/swiftkey-is-coming-to-ios-8/

http://www.swiftkey.net/ios/

Thanks!

Evan