Welcome to SwiftKey Insiders Community

This community has now become "SwiftKey Insiders" - built around SwiftKey users who want to help shape the future of SwiftKey products from the ground up. 

This is not a support community. If you are looking for general support, feedback and feature requests, please visit our support site here.

Note: this community is only available for SwiftKey for Android at this time

But if you would like to join our iOS or Windows lists to be notified when we launch on these platforms, please let us know.

Sign up here if you're interested in:

• Seeing early designs
  • Playing with prototypes
  • Taking surveys 
  • Giving thoughtful honest feedback

*Ankit*

Which is the best full featured Android Browser? Why?

*Ankit*    144

There are many good browsers for Android Mobile.

Some of them are -

Android Stock Browser,

Boat Browser Pro,

Chrome Mobile Browser,

Dolphin Browser,

Firefox Mobile Browser,

Maxthon Mobile Browser,

Mercury Browser,

Opera Mobile Browser,

UC Web Browser,

and many others.

According to you, which is the best full featured (not mini or lite versions) browser for Android 4.0+ (ICS, JB & KK), and why?

*Ankit*    144

What does this have to do with SwiftKey?

Until now want to understand 'cause this question?

Please check the forum section under which this question has been posted. For your convenience - General Discussion - Other Apps. This section has been made for posting queries about apps other than SwiftKey. So, I have posted a general question regarding Android OS apps. I want to know which browser other people think is the best browser among so many good browsers, as per their daily usage. I hope now you understand the question and maybe be a part of this conversation.

Regards,

Ankit

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Win (GT-I8552) using Tapatalk Pro.

*Ankit*    144

I have test almost everyone, and look at Habit browser, absolutely the best browser i know, fastest and most customizable browser on play store

Thanks for the reply. I will certainly check out the Habit browser and see if it suits my usage. Like you, I have also tried all the above mentioned browsers and many more and I am still searching for the "One". Hope to find it soon.

Regards,

Ankit

Mjoha    15

Thanks for the reply. I will certainly check out the Habit browser and see if it suits my usage. Like you, I have also tried all the above mentioned browsers and many more and I am still searching for the "One". Hope to find it soon.

Regards,

Ankit

Try it and tell me if you like or not.

Regard Magnus

*Ankit*    144

Try it and tell me if you like or not.

Regard Magnus

My initial thoughts on Habit browser are good. I was overwhelmed by the amount of settings provided in the browser, I have never seen any browser before with so many settings. That is something good as we can customise the browser as per our likings. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

Ankit

Tapper    2,324

I personally just use Chrome. If a website isn't coded properly for Chrome, I honestly think the developers of the page are doing it wrong, especially given the marketshare of Chrome over other browsers.

I remember trying Dolphin a while ago and I thought that the concept of additional plugins was interesting, but I still came back to Chrome. I'm a Nexus guy by nature. I don't stray too far from stock unless I see some serious benefits for my normal usage.

jfmcbrayer    63

I prefer Firefox. The biggest reason is that I feel it is trustworthy. Chrome would be my second choice, because at least I know who it's leaking my browsing information to, and I'm already forced to trust them to a certain extent. Other browsers, I just don't feel I can trust unless they are open source. If they're gratis in the Play store but not FLOS, I'm concerned about exactly how the developers are monetizing it.

Firefox is Free Software, developed by a non-profit foundation. I can sync my history, tabs, and even passwords, knowing that it's encrypted on my devices with a key the sync server doesn't know. It supports many of the same add-ons as desktop Firefox, including Adblock Edge. And the UI is very nice -- they've put a lot of design work into it, and on my Nexus 7, it looks better IMO than Chrome.

*Ankit*    144

I personally just use Chrome. If a website isn't coded properly for Chrome, I honestly think the developers of the page are doing it wrong, especially given the marketshare of Chrome over other browsers.

I remember trying Dolphin a while ago and I thought that the concept of additional plugins was interesting, but I still came back to Chrome. I'm a Nexus guy by nature. I don't stray too far from stock unless I see some serious benefits for my normal usage.

Thanks for the reply.

*Ankit*    144

I prefer Firefox. The biggest reason is that I feel it is trustworthy. Chrome would be my second choice, because at least I know who it's leaking my browsing information to, and I'm already forced to trust them to a certain extent. Other browsers, I just don't feel I can trust unless they are open source. If they're gratis in the Play store but not FLOS, I'm concerned about exactly how the developers are monetizing it.

Firefox is Free Software, developed by a non-profit foundation. I can sync my history, tabs, and even passwords, knowing that it's encrypted on my devices with a key the sync server doesn't know. It supports many of the same add-ons as desktop Firefox, including Adblock Edge. And the UI is very nice -- they've put a lot of design work into it, and on my Nexus 7, it looks better IMO than Chrome.

Thanks for the reply.

Tapper    2,324

I love threads like this. It's like a friendly chat around a coffee table among some like-minded pals. I especially like the addition of why people like one over the other. By all means, anyone can feel free to start a similar thread about other kinds of apps here in this section.

(For instance, Google just launched their Now Launcher yesterday to Nexus devices and Google Play versions of devices. That'd be a fun conversation, I'm sure. We look at our home screens a lot. =)

Mrdouglas    69

I was very big on Boat browser for a while. Recently I read on XDA about the developer seeing everything you do. Further, the list of other browsers that do the same is staggering. Thus, I felt I only had chrome, Firefox, Naked browser, or aosp / stock left.

They all have issues, but for ease of use, I choose Chrome. My biggest gripes still reside in the lack of default page zoom and download manager (the separate stock app is horrific, imo).

I hold out hope, though. Google keep was underpowered junk at the beginning (IMO), but with a few careful feature additions, it is now one of my most used apps. :-)

Sent from my secret lair in an undisclosed mountainside.

*Ankit*    144

I was myself using Boat browser pro, but found problems with page rendering, HTML5 support, etc. So I asked the question above. After reading comments, I first tried using Firefox, but there also I found problem like, it started slowing after continuous usage and its inability in opening other apps like Google Play Store. Now I am trying Google Chrome. I would also like it to have a better downloader, as the current downloader is very bad and also hopefully in future, plugins support too. It's new bandwidth management is certainly good in making browsing fast and saving data and it's page rendering is best out there. Hopefully it's gets much better in future so that we don't need third party browsers at all. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Win (GT-I8552) using Tapatalk Pro.

Mrdouglas    69
I was myself using Boat browser pro, but found problems with page rendering, HTML5 support, etc. So I asked the question above. After reading comments, I first tried using Firefox, but there also I found problem like, it started slowing after continuous usage and its inability in opening other apps like Google Play Store. Now I am trying Google Chrome. I would also like it to have a better downloader, as the current downloader is very bad and also hopefully in future, plugins support too. It's new bandwidth management is certainly good in making browsing fast and saving data and it's page rendering is best out there. Hopefully it's gets much better in future so that we don't need third party browsers at all. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Win (GT-I8552) using Tapatalk Pro.
I like the bandwidth management, too. There is a warning that it could degrade images, etc. But I haven't seen that yet. Google has some good programmers on board. Just need to get them lined up with an equally good list of tasks to program. The Downloader is flat out broken. It is not integrated. You can't see the size of the download and you cannot cancel a download. Even deleting it from the download app seems to simply run it in the background and remove the app afterwards (from what I can tell with My Data Manager). Also, there is no way to clear the Downloader app list other than deleting the files. :-( Sent from my secret lair in an undisclosed mountainside.

*Ankit*    144

For downloading, I use UC browser. It's the best downloader for Android. You can first transfer the files to UC cloud server for better and stable downloading speed and then download it through browser downloader, which uses same downloading mechanism as the torrent applications, which provide super fast download speed, you can pause or restart it after network problem, schedule your download by one at a time, etc. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Win (GT-I8552) using Tapatalk Pro.

Mrdouglas    69

For downloading, I use UC browser. It's the best downloader for Android. You can first transfer the files to UC cloud server for better and stable downloading speed and then download it through browser downloader, which uses same downloading mechanism as the torrent applications, which provide super fast download speed, you can pause or restart it after network problem, schedule your download by one at a time, etc. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Win (GT-I8552) using Tapatalk Pro.

Wow, that's a cool feature. I'm pretty sure UC is among those who track your every move, though. I find that creepy (and if I were on Amazon or some such making a purchase, it would be dangerous). :-(

*Ankit*    144

Wow, that's a cool feature. I'm pretty sure UC is among those who track your every move, though. I find that creepy (and if I were on Amazon or some such making a purchase, it would be dangerous). :-(

I use UC browser only for downloading(though it's a full featured browser). When it comes to making online payment, I like using a more reputable browser like Google Chrome, Firefox or Opera.

Tapper    2,324

Hmmm....

This might be slightly off topic, but since we're talking about downloading... it could be related. =)

I have ES File Explorer on my Nexus 4 to navigate contents. When downloading files from a browser, I've seen that ES File Explorer can be used to download. That *might* be a workaround to keep the Chrome browsing experience (or whatever other browser you prefer), while simultaneously improving the download experience for those that have had trouble.

In order to try this out yourself, you might need to clear defaults within your main Settings -> Apps -> (browser name).

That proposal would keep only one browser on your device to keep bloat at a minimum and also provide completely different functionality in a file explorer.

Just a brainstorm on efficiency. If that helps anyone, that's awesome! What do you guys think?

Mrdouglas    69

Hmmm....

This might be slightly off topic, but since we're talking about downloading... it could be related. =)

I have ES File Explorer on my Nexus 4 to navigate contents. When downloading files from a browser, I've seen that ES File Explorer can be used to download. That *might* be a workaround to keep the Chrome browsing experience (or whatever other browser you prefer), while simultaneously improving the download experience for those that have had trouble.

In order to try this out yourself, you might need to clear defaults within your main Settings -> Apps -> (browser name).

That proposal would keep only one browser on your device to keep bloat at a minimum and also provide completely different functionality in a file explorer.

Just a brainstorm on efficiency. If that helps anyone, that's awesome! What do you guys think?

There's no way to put this that doesn't make me sound paranoid, I'm sorry...

I've steered clear of ESFile as I cannot figure out their business model. The program is free, has been for as far as I can tell. The company is big (well, at least beyond one person doing it for fun). So, how do they make revenue? How do they pay staff? The only thing I can come up with is data mining.

FYI - I use solid explorer, as I know he (I think it's only one Dev... ) makes money from the paid app purchases.

Tapper    2,324

I don't know their business model either. Everyone has suspicions at times... that's fair, but only to a point. I do my utmost to maintain the mindset of innocent until proven guilty. I just chose to download ES for my personal usage based upon download count and ratings. I've also used Astro in the past. I'm not one to bash any application unless there's solid evidence that proves I should. I guess if Solid Explorer can be used to download, that's just as good as a suggestion.

Ultimately, my point was suggesting using *some* file explorer for downloading. I simply was using ES as an example.

(You get down with your bad self in your secret lair there, Mrdouglas. Ha! =P)

Mrdouglas    69
I don't know their business model either. Everyone has suspicions at times... that's fair, but only to a point. I do my utmost to maintain the mindset of innocent until proven guilty. I just chose to download ES for my personal usage based upon download count and ratings. I've also used Astro in the past. I'm not one to bash any application unless there's solid evidence that proves I should. I guess if Solid Explorer can be used to download, that's just as good as a suggestion. Ultimately, my point was suggesting using *some* file explorer for downloading. I simply was using ES as an example. (You get down with your bad self in your secret lair there, Mrdouglas. Ha! =P)
I appreciate the suggestion. :-) It's hard to maintain a balance between safety and wearing a tin foil hat. Unfortunately, reading the tech news these days gives much fuel to the latter. Ooh well. Sadly, Solid Explorer can't do downloads. I'm sure, as you eluded to, there are other apps out there to accomplish such. The signature is my omage to that darn iPhone message I've seen one too many times in emails. :-)